Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Looking at iPod app supplement or replacement for podcasts

I have an iPhone 4, 4.2.1 which I love, but one annoying thing I deal with to this day is syncing podcasts. I love podcasts to death, but syncing them while away from my Mac is annoying, especially if I'm running low and want to sync up my favorites. The iTunes app forces me to pick them out by memory, with only a little help from the iPod app if I have a stored podcast, and even then you have to do them one at a time.

What I am looking for is a podcast app of some kind that:

1) stores subscriptions to podcasts
    2) Sync all those subscriptions on demand with one button
    3) can download the absolute latest podcasts that are available
    4) Either play the podcasts thru the iPod app or have a x2 feature to play podcasts on it's own (I like to listen to lots of podcasts and I don't have patience )

So far I've checked mediafly but it seems to be unnecessarily huge for me. It's got this "preloader" which is entirely unnecessary and it doesn't have the x2 button that the iPod app does.

I know there's podcaster but I've seen lots of reviews that it's buggy. And I don't need something complex or even play the podcasts, just to download them.

Searching the forum for ipod replacement didn't pan out of course, so opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

Not sure what you mean by unnecessarily huge, but I've been using Mediafly for a long time, and really like it (it was my pick of the week just this week).
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Mediafly seems to have a bit of a learning curve and has lots of features I just don't need at the moment. The interface is a little busy for my tastes as well. My major beef is trying to sync podcasts without having to do it at my Mac. Also Mediafly doesn't have that x2 button that allows me to listen podcasts faster (I talk fast and have no problem listening to the sped up podcast. It would be great if I had a tool that helped me download multiple podcasts with just one button to sync my current podcast information.