TomTom or Garmin

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking at the TomTom or Garmin StreetPilot navigation apps. Has anyone tried both or have thoughts on either of the two? Is there any extra chargers after you purchase the app itself?

thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been doing the same... I've also looked into Navigon's app. I know Garimn's app caches maps - and depends on a working network connection; Navigon's downloads maps to the phone - as TomTom's appears to. But so far, from reviews, and some discussions of apps in a GPS related forum I follow, none of these apps have me ready to ditch my Garmin Nuvi any time soon.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking at the TomTom or Garmin StreetPilot navigation apps. Has anyone tried both or have thoughts on either of the two? Is there any extra chargers after you purchase the app itself?

thanks

I started using Mapquest on my iPhone4, and it works great. It's also free, and free is good:)

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The reason I purchased the TomTom app was because the maps are stored on the device. I was out in the boonies and has no cell service.

OrionAntares

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Tom Tom is also on sale, though not for as low as Navigon.

The real question is what are the strengths that Navigon has over Tom Tom and visa versa? Can anyone answer that question?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey man, I would like to know what you think about the NAVIGON app as im considering buying it as well.
So far, so good - but it might be a while before taking a significant drive with it.

So far I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it... I'd be rather disappointed if I'd spent $60. My first Garmin Nuvi - a 350 - still is a better GPS than this app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2