best deejay app?

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Ok, so I don't exactly need a full-blown deejay experience on my iPhone (which would probably be better experienced on iPad anyway, using something like "djay"). What I'm specifically looking for is an app that can access/use the songs in my iPhone's library and pitch-shift (slow down or speed up) them live. It needs to be a stand-alone solution.

I've come across several apps in the App Store, but the reviews are all over the board and the descriptions aren't that informative. In many cases, the app can't use the iPhone's onboard music; some are just remotes to control music located on a separate Mac. Others don't seem to have been updated since iOS 3...

Cue Play DJ looks promising (Cue Play DJ for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store)

as does Deejay (DeeJay for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store)

But again, I really only need those few simple features:
1. slow down/speed up music
2. use the tracks in my iPhone's music library
3. run standalone and not require accessing a separate library on a nearby computer

Any suggestions?

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Hmm... upon further research, it looks like the second app I mentioned does NOT support pitch shift. This is why I'm hesitant to buy anything yet, because a lot of the app descriptions are either misleading or incomplete. I do wish Apple would implement a return/refund window the way Android does. =\

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been using touch dj and dj mixer 3. Both are pretty neat but I don't really know alot about djing. I just got them to try them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice