Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Default take notes on pdf files?

Hi! I am new here, used to be a BB guy, switched to android (on verizon) and I got a iPad to substitute textbooks. Being an engineer I have been able to find most of my books in pdf files and just use iBooks to read them. I say being an engineer because I haven't been able to find my elective books and my friends can't find many books. Anyway, in one of my classes, my professor posts the slides in a pdf files the week before class which is really helpful and he ads the problems as well. So it would be great to be able to load the pdf on my ipad and open it in an app that would allow me to write out the rest of the problem in the empty space under the drawing. I currently just write it out on paper but it is hard to keep up sometimes with needed to draw the picture for the problem out. So, basically I searched the forums looking for an app recommendation and have found some for notes etc but haven't heard of writing on pdf files. Not sure if anyone knows of a winner but any ideas would be great! Thanks!
    iMore Newbie

18 Posts

I've been looking for a good note taking app for class. But, I do like iAnnotate for adding notes and highlighting PDFs. I guess I didn't think about trying it in class. I'll let you know how it works...
    iMore Intermediate

150 Posts
    Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Looking for the same thing. As a firefighter we have apps I have in Pdf and would like to write on check boxes etc and then save and print . Looking for a good app.
    TiPb Blog and Forum Staff

86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

You can use PDF Expert for this, it works well.