LiveProfile - New Cross-Platform Messenger - Share your PIN here!

LiveProfile

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
LiveProfile is a blazing fast and feature packed cross-platform messenger for Android, BlackBerry, and iPhone. We are growing FAST with record breaking demand. We are already one of the top downloaded social networking apps in the App Store and a top communication app on the Android Market. LiveProfile is a free and better alternative to SMS that allows you to see when messages are sent, delivered, or read.

Feel free to provide feedback, suggestions, ideas, issues we will do our best to address it here. For an instant answer you can reach me personally at LiveProfile PIN LPDJK68F :)

Get it from the App Store by searching for LiveProfile

Find more information and screen shots on our website LiveProfile.com

LiveProfile helps you stay connected with friends and share in real-time. Use your iPhone to send free mobile to mobile messages, status updates, photos, and more! You can use it on iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry devices, it even works on the iPod Touch.

REAL-TIME MESSENGING WITH INSTANT DELIVERED & READ RECIEPTS
You can see when messages are sent, delivered, read, or when the other person is typing a message. LiveProfile makes conversations come alive though instant and real-time messaging.

100% FREE FOREVER
Unlimited and free messaging to LiveProfile users on any supported mobile device, anywhere in the world, on any carrier. As long as you have a data connection you can access LiveProfile.

MORE THAN JUST A MESSENGER
Like the name suggests LiveProfile is more social than just a messenger. You can share status updates, upload profile photos, set your display name and profile info, integrate with Twitter and Facebook, and much more. This is only the beginning there is much more coming!

STAY CONNECTED AND ONLINE
Unlike other messengers LiveProfile is designed specifically for mobile devices. It utilizes push notifications to save precious battery life and resources. It's always on and connected making you and your friends are always reachable.

Twitter - @LiveProfile

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Liveprofile the new standard?

Well I've tried all the IM apps out there trying to find something to replace my beloved Bbm since I switched over to iPhone.

-Whatsapp seems to be the most popular one but doesn't show read receipts.

-Kik what's banned by RIM.
-pingchat has ridiculous banner ads.
-cnectd also has banner ads.

Enter liveprofile.

Fairly new app that is getting updates all the time. Works really good on my iPhone an is completely free and doesn't have any annoying ads filling up my screen.

iPhone and android versions out already with new features and optimizations comin shortly. And blackberry version coming this week!!

I think this might be the new cross platform IM standard.

Thank you liveprofile!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Of course WhatsApp shows read receipts. One checkmark for delivered, 2 for read. It's been the gold standard for a long time.

Maybe Live Profile will catch up. It didn't do much for me.

njaremka

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
my groups have switched to using whatsapp, and read receipts aren't really missed - at least for me. we wanted to try liveprofile, but it doesnt yet support groups. whatsapp is currently the only iphone app that supports groups AND is available to blackberry users.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Of course WhatsApp shows read receipts. One checkmark for delivered, 2 for read. It's been the gold standard for a long time.

Maybe Live Profile will catch up. It didn't do much for me.

Acutally it doesn't. One check mark for sent, 2 for deliverred.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Nope. You only get that 2nd checkmark when it's read, as on iOS the app has to be live to be delivered so they're the same thing.

WhatsApp is still the best out there - and doesn't require new pins or nicknames to use.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Alli, one check mark means the message was delivered to the server and two means that the message was successfully delivered to the device, not when it is read. It is on the whatsapp website. liveprofile is the most similar to bbm. whatsapp is a fantastic app but you do not get the same sent, delivered, read notifications as you would on liveprofile.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Nope. You only get that 2nd checkmark when it's read, as on iOS the app has to be live to be delivered so they're the same thing.

WhatsApp is still the best out there - and doesn't require new pins or nicknames to use.

Sorry you're mistaken...... It means deliverred to the device.

try sending a message, then waiting till it's deliverred. Switch to a different chat on the receiving iphone, then send another one. You'll get the double checkmark before you open the message up again, because it's still connected to the server.

And obviously you haven't read it yet since the you're in a different chat.....

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I started using LiveProfile to test it out. Only they need is group chat. WhatsApp has it, but your phone number has to be given to that user for them to message you.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you're using it to replace sms/mms, the other person has your phone number. If you're using it to replace the anonymity of yahoo messenger...why not just use yahoo on your phone.

It seems a lot of people like BBM not for the fact that it replaces sms, but because it offers anonymous chat.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
If you're using it to replace sms/mms, the other person has your phone number. If you're using it to replace the anonymity of yahoo messenger...why not just use yahoo on your phone.

It seems a lot of people like BBM not for the fact that it replaces sms, but because it offers anonymous chat.

yup. i know a lot of females that say they rather give their pin #s then their phone number. they can delete and block the person or never accept their request. lol.

for me, it's another email that has to be created for yahoo, gtalk, aim or live messenger.

KBV1

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I installed this app yesterday and the app freaking rocks!!! This could be the BBM for X platform!! IMO i think TiPB need to make a social networking forum for this like Crackberry does. I have to admit, thats what makes Crackberry a bigger community.

Whatsapp is crap IMO.. like someone has said above, you have to give out your phone number. With this you give out a PIN.. way better and more secure. When the BB version is out.. it will rock. The point of BBM is to be able to contact ANYONE, ANYWHERE for FREE!! this is what LiveProfile is for.

BTW my PIN is LPPFHDTK :p

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
the problem I see is that most of my BB friends refuse to try any app other than BBM. I don't know about your BB friends.... I guess I need new friends! lol
:(

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
the problem I see is that most of my BB friends refuse to try any app other than BBM. I don't know about your BB friends.... I guess I need new friends! lol
:(

Ya. That will happen.... But eventually their Bbm lists will be smaller and smaller..... So they will be forced to use something else. Mine did so I tried something else and now I won't ever go back to a blackberry.

Actually when I switched a Bbm friend of mine told me to get Whatsapp so she could still chat with me. She said that she actually uses Whatsapp more than Bbm on her blackberry! She hates Whatsapp but at least all her friends are on there.

Last edited:

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Lots of my friends converted to liveprofile from Whatsapp.

We all love it. Can't live without the read receipts.

Can't wait for group chats!

Keep up the good work liveprofile!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen