Mywi 4.0 tethering my IPad problem

Player1

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,
I've recently purchased Myfi 4.0 via Cydia and it works like a dream when I need internet access for my 16Gb IPad (wifi only) when I'm on the move and I only have a 3G connection via my IPhone 3GS.

My mobile tariff also allows me access to various commercial wifi hotspots I.e Btopenzone or the Cloud.

My problem is whenever my IPhone is connected to one of the wifi hotspots Mywi switches off and therefore my IPad is left with no connection.

Is this correct or have I missed some configuration somewhere. If I had a laptop there's an option to uses a USB connection and select either 3G or Wifi bridge network selection, is there no configuration for a wifi tethered device like my IPad.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
If you are somewhere and your iPhone is using wifi to connect instead of 3G, why wouldn't you just connect your iPad to that same wifi network and not worry about MyWi while at that location?

Player1

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
The Wifi hotspots will only grant access to the iPhone due to the mobile tariff, thought I mentioned that in the original post.

Player1

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
The IPhone is JB'd but the iPad is not, I'm sure that shouldn't make any difference as it's only trying to connect to a wireless signal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal