BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak it!

RR_WIN_01.gif

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well the SMART thing to do is to load it up with apps. Install the ones you will use most often and set up your mail accounts and import your addresses book. If you are not going to download malicious apps and get all crazzy with myspace like themes and such and want to use the phone like a normal person would, then don't jail break it. If you want to go all crazzy then jail break. I'm happy with what Apple gives me

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Well the SMART thing to do is to load it up with apps. Install the ones you will use most often and set up your mail accounts and import your addresses book. If you are not going to download malicious apps and get all crazzy with myspace like themes and such and want to use the phone like a normal person would, then don't jail break it. If you want to go all crazzy then jail break. I'm happy with what Apple gives me

An even smarter thing to do would be not to comment about something if you don't own the iphone or or have any jailbreak experience with it?

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Whatever you do, do NOT get Angry Birds...unless you want to spend the next week doing nothing but playing that damn game...it's so freakin' addictive!!! :D

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
An even smarter thing to do would be not to comment about something if you don't own the iphone or or have any jailbreak experience with it?

I own an iPad and last I checked that DOES have iOS and yes I DO have jailbreak experience. Did not go well.

Perhaps next time you shpould watch what you say and not say things you know nothing about? Thanks :)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I own an iPad and last I checked that DOES have iOS and yes I DO have jailbreak experience. Did not go well.

Perhaps next time you shpould watch what you say and not say things you know nothing about? Thanks :)

Should we just have an iOS forum then? The iphone 4 is a bit different from your ipad. As are the various jailbreak tweaks and apps.

I don't feel a need to jb an ipad either, but an iphone is a different story.

Posting misinformation like you did in this thread isn't being helpful.

If you are not going to download malicious apps and get all crazzy with myspace like themes and such and want to use the phone like a normal person would, then don't jail break it.

:rolleyes:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Should we just have an iOS forum then? The iphone 4 is a bit different from your ipad. As are the various jailbreak tweaks and apps.

I don't feel a need to jb an ipad either, but an iphone is a different story.

Posting misinformation like you did in this thread isn't being helpful.

:rolleyes:

To you may be, but the world does not revolve around you. Also if you look at the sites logo it says: The number 1 iPhone, iPad and iPod touch blog. All run iOS ;)

Have a nice day :)

Last edited:

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't jailbreak it! Yet. I would look around on the app store, and get some apps. Especially Infinity Blade! I would go ahead and buy it on your computer so it will already be downloaded, then just sync your iPhone, and you get Infinity Blade, and amazing, awesome app. Trust me. I have an iPhone 4 and love it!

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
First thing is look at these and other forums for apps. Many apps are free, and most are just darn cheap. Find something that appeals to your hobbies, interests, etc. For this latest foray into iOS land, I first loaded up my geocaching app and a few photo editing apps. Everyone is different, so do some searching for your interests in various iPhone forums.

Regarding the jailbreak thing, I would only recommend considering it after you're more familiar with the device and have had the chance to research it thoroughly. As far as comments on jailbreaking are concerned, I don't agree with the malicious apps part of it. Yes, there is the ability to do more malicious things when jailbroken, but to list that as one of the primary reasons is misleading. People jailbreak their iPhones in order to have more control over the multi-tasking capabilities, to use apps that "duplicate" functionality and are therefore not allowed in the app store, and because they like to tinker with technology. I would say most people do not think about using malicious apps, etc., as a reason to jailbreak nor do all non-App Store devs only make bad apps. But "opening up" the phone does require a little extra vigilance on the owner's part.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR