?The Wishing Well Popup Movie and Game? named ?HOT APP OF THE WEEK? by MSN?s The Surf

merod

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
?The Wishing Well Popup Movie and Game? named
?HOT APP OF THE WEEK? by MSN?s The Surf Report

Rod Maxwell?s award-winning children?s film ?The Wishing Well? is now a fully interactive iPad app entitled ?The Wishing Well Popup Movie and Game?

HOLLYWOOD, Dec 8, 2010 - Soon after award-winning filmmaker and special effects artist Rod Maxwell transformed his critically-acclaimed children?s film ?The Wishing Well? into a fully interactive iPad app called ?The Wishing Well Popup Movie and Game?, MSN?s The Surf Report names the new release ?HOT APP OF THE WEEK?.

?The Wishing Well Popup Movie and Game? includes the ?The Wishing Well? film, a popup book, and a game based on the film. Children of all ages can try their luck at tossing coins into the magical well while avoiding the film's evil mechanical turtles. The success of the iPad app inspired Maxwell to create a standalone game for the iPhone entitled ?The Wishing Well Game?.

Rod Maxwell has never minded rolling up his creative sleeves to bring his ideas to life. In ?The Wishing Well," Maxwell?s first film, he not only plays all of the film?s 26 characters, he created all of the prosthetics, fatsuits, and virtual sets. He self-applied all the makeup, shot, edited, and created the effects for the project. Maxwell's efforts paid off when the film won ?BEST ANIMATED FILM? at the Boston International Film Festival, and was a special selection for the Children?s film festival at Comic-Con 2010.

And when it came to bringing ?The Wishing Well? to the iPad, Rod didn?t hesitate tackling the project with the same spirit as he did for the movie, ?I always wished I could make a popup book and game based on my film. Then earlier this year, Apple announced the iPad. It was such an exciting new product it triggered that burning drive to create. So I sat down and taught myself everything I needed to know to make my idea a reality. I created all the graphics, animations, and wrote the programming to bring it to life. Several months later I submitted my app to Apple for review. I was shocked how fast Apple approved it".

Maxwell tested the waters a year earlier when he created ?Happy The Melancholy Sausage," a silly dancing sausage photo app for the iPhone. The process taught him the do?s and don?ts of getting an app approved at Apple. ?Getting The Wishing Well app approved was so much easier than Happy The Melancholy Sausage, thank goodness,? says Maxwell. Now seeing parents and their kids get engrossed in 'The Wishing Well (Popup Movie and Game)' together makes the long hours of sitting hunched over my laptop, downing gallons of coffee at my local Starbucks, absolutely worth it".

MSN?s ?The Surf Report? selected Maxwell?s app ?The Wishing Well Popup Movie and Game? as ?HOT APP OF THE WEEK? at Thanksgiving.

Rod Maxwell, Owner of Screaming Images.
About Rod Maxwell: Multimedia producer and director living in Los Angeles California. His work has included feature films, music videos, and interactive installations. His apps ?The Wishing Well Popup Movie and Game?, ?The Wishing Well Game? and ?Happy The Melancholy Sausage? are currently available on The App Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods