Apps download question, don't have iPhone yet

vtboyarc

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
I don't have an iPhone yet, waiting for the next version, and hopefully Verizon.
I'm a member over at PreCentral, I have a Palm Pre at the moment.
Anyhoo, if I download apps right now, with iTunes, will I be able to put them onto my iPhone when I get one? Or if I do that, will I not be able to download them from the phone? Like, if I download apps to the iPhone, when I sync it to my computer, will they be replaced with just the apps I've downloaded with iTunes, or can I get both on it? Thank you, and I look forward to getting an iPhone! I'm hoping that the iPhone 5 comes out on Verizon this summer, and then hopefully in a year afterwards once the LTE network is more widespread, the 6th iPhone will be LTE compatible...that would be nice.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
you can buy them now and either use iTunes to put it on your phone (when you get it). or you can buy them and then download over the air through the app store on your phone.

if you have paid for it the store will remember so when you download it on to your phone ull get a message like "item already purchased" then it will download.

vtboyarc

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
you can buy them now and either use iTunes to put it on your phone (when you get it). or you can buy them and then download over the air through the app store on your phone.

if you have paid for it the store will remember so when you download it on to your phone ull get a message like "item already purchased" then it will download.

thanks!
but if I sync the apps from iTunes and download them over the air, will that be fine if I do both?

vtboyarc

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
You won't get double apps, if that's what you're asking.

no....my concern is apps getting removed when I sync...for example, say I download an app over the air, that I did not download over iTunes...the next time I sync my iPhone to iTunes, will the app I downloaded over the air be removed/deleted, since it wasn't in the app folder on my iTunes?

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Go for it !
Just use the same account always and the same computer.
You can backup, restore etc.

Apps will transfer form your idevice to your system and the opposite each time you sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner