Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts

Default SkyFire browser

Wow, they were'nt perared at all were they?

App is craptastic at best page loads are slow and the video encoding has not worked for me once.
    iMore Intermediate

Yeah, they definitely undervalued the number of iPhone users that have been dying to have flash on their phones.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Just shows there is a strong demand for Flash on the iPhone despite what Steve Jobs would have you believe.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

so is this getting better now? after reading some reviews i am a little hesitant in buying (iP4 iOS 4.2.1)
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I bought it and it seems to do alright. As for the video encoding they have to add support for it to work. They are always adding new sites for it to encode. Just not fast enough.
    iPhone Newbie

Any more feedback on this one?
    iPhone Nanite

I'm using SkyFire almost exclusively now. RARELY do I come across a site with an embedded flash video that will not play. I'm really impressed with it! Only thing I'm getting frustrated with is the inability to save images. Everything I've read says all you have to do is tap and hold the image (just like any other browser) and the "save image" option will appear. It's not working for me though. Anyone find a way to save images successfully?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

my local cable provider now supports ESPN3.com and i can now stream games to my device using skyfire

there is about a 10-13 second delay and some pixelation at times but i guess it's a start and can only get better