Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite iPhone navigation app!

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T Navigator/TeleNav

15 8.88%
  • MotionX GPS Drive

11 6.51%
  • NAVIGON MobileNavigator

76 44.97%
  • TomTom

44 26.04%
  • Waze

14 8.28%
  • Other (see thread)

9 5.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,490 Global Posts

Default TiPb Awards: Favorite Navigation App - Vote Now!

The 2010 TiPb Awards have begun and it's time to vote on all your favorites. This time it's for iPhone turn-by-turn navigation apps. With Apple adding background location to iOS 4, almost every navigation app has had an outstanding update this year. Combine that with refreshed UIs and tons of extra features and the category is stacked.

But there can only be one 2010 TiPb Award winner, so vote for your favorite now!

(Don't see your favorite here? Add it as a write-in below!)

Ready, set, vote!
    TiPb Forum Staff

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

waze so far seems to be the best free one that i have found (thanks to the iPad contest) other then the google maps one that comes preinstalled
    iPhone Nanite

While I have found Navigon to be the best I have used, mapquest deserves to be in the list because it is usable and free. G-map too which is a low cost alternative although the routes are sometimes sub-optimal.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

Default Co-Pilot is not on the list?

Co-Pilot is a great GPS app. Their prices are very good and they are very good with adding updates (addresses and stuff).
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

There are lots of good ones, but Navigon is probably the best overall.
    iPhone Nanite

MotionX GPS Drive is the only GPS app that hasn't screwed me up. ATT's was ok, cost was too high
    willows3 likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Motion x gps drive is the best
    willows3 likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

My vote is for TomTom because it doesn't require a data plan! Although, I did pay $40 for the Tom Tom software and it's only good for the maps without a data plan.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts

It's a toss up between Navigon and TomTom, but I have to hand it to Navigon, ultimately. Better maps, and more precise.
    iPhone Nanite

Navigon definitely wins in my book especially for the price of lifetime traffic.
    iPhone Nanite

Co-Pilot Live has been great for me. Been perfect in getting me where I need to go and for only $5.00, I can't complain.
    iPhone Nanite

My vote is for TomTom but I haven't ever tried Navigon so I couldn't tell you if that's better.
    iMore Nanite

Navigon is great! easy to use and great features!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

ALK: Co-Pilot
    iPhone Nanite

Waze is enough for me, I just need a sense of what traffic is doing, not a perfect map. It's small, free, and fun. All of the paid apps that need a gigabyte of storage are NOT what I want.
    iMore Genius

TomTom Best App Ever!
    cbm
    iMore Newbie

I'm surprised there isn't more Motion X love here. Great software with a good business model for turn-by-turn.
    willows3 likes this.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

I own them all. Navigon looks the best and is my choice, but tom-tom and attnav work better when searching for poi/google local search. Navigon frequently fails with a network problem when searching for poi via google.
    iMore Newbie

Motion-X is the best I've used, next to a Tom Tom. They always give us great updates and better functionality. The navigation is really accurate as well as on point. The only thing I dont like is the ETA is a bit off- it doesnt take like traffic into consideration, even though it says it does.
    iPhone Newbie

Navigon for me hands down have NEVER gotten lost with it, which can't say about other options, easy to use, maps up to date works well and i do travel all over the US. It's an expensive tho clear winner in my book.

I have Ndrive ( that since had been pulled from the app store), navigon, sygic aura, copilot ( great price for a great product) and motion drive ( love it for a cheap solution tho it does not redirect like it should)
    iMore Pro

Navigon ALL the way !
    iMore Newbie

Navigon is my favorite. Good add-ons, and you download all the maps to your phone, so in areas without cell service, you are able to find your way!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

TomTom FTW !!!
    iPhone Nanite

Does navigon continue voice directions even if you switch to another app? Does it support output to Bluetooth headsets and hands free devices? And how is the poi search compared to say Google? I have had problems with Motion X with new addresses and I'm wondering if the map data is current.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Anything but Navigon

I found Navigon to be quite literally useless - I was absolutely unable to actually enter an address. The UI is completely squirrely - you have to enter addresses in reverse order: state, city, street, then number... only you can't type in a street, you have to pick from streets the system recognizes. And it didn't recognize ANY streets I needed to use, meaning I was never successfully able to navigate anywhere.

It's possible that I'm doing something wrong, but given that there's essentially no customer support, I found it impossible to discover what the problem might have been. Ultimately, I deleted the app and went back to plain old Google maps, which is free, and actually works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast