TiPb Awards: Favorite Navigation App - Vote Now!

Vote for your favorite iPhone navigation app!

• AT&T Navigator/TeleNav

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • MotionX GPS Drive

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • NAVIGON MobileNavigator

Votes: 75 44.6%
  • TomTom

Votes: 44 26.2%
  • Waze

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Other (see thread)

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters

kenkenken

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
Navigon is my favorite. Good add-ons, and you download all the maps to your phone, so in areas without cell service, you are able to find your way!

jplumey

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Does navigon continue voice directions even if you switch to another app? Does it support output to Bluetooth headsets and hands free devices? And how is the poi search compared to say Google? I have had problems with Motion X with new addresses and I'm wondering if the map data is current.

sean.peters

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Anything but Navigon

I found Navigon to be quite literally useless - I was absolutely unable to actually enter an address. The UI is completely squirrely - you have to enter addresses in reverse order: state, city, street, then number... only you can't type in a street, you have to pick from streets the system recognizes. And it didn't recognize ANY streets I needed to use, meaning I was never successfully able to navigate anywhere.

It's possible that I'm doing something wrong, but given that there's essentially no customer support, I found it impossible to discover what the problem might have been. Ultimately, I deleted the app and went back to plain old Google maps, which is free, and actually works.

FLskydiver

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
MapQuest is **FREE**, and provides spoken turn-by-turn directions with street names spoken via accurate Text-to-Speech.

Used it the yesterday when I didn't have my Garmin with me but wanted turn-by-turn directions on a two hour trip somewhere I've never been, and it worked great.

Gives you two humorous warnings prior to each turn at highway speed -- a "Prepare to turn ..." followed by a "Get ready to turn ..." -- but accurately tracked my location and gave all advisories on time. I verified that it also used the same routing as the Google Maps app for this trip.

Only downside is, of course, the required data connection (I am unaware if it cache's the planned route) but the upside is huge: FREE TURN BY TURN, TEXT-TO-SPEECH SPOKEN DIRECTIONS.

stoddwilson

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I am a converted Sprint/Palm Pre user and was disappointed that ATT did not provide a nav app like Sprint and since there is no longer an UNLIMITED DATA PLAN AVAILABLE (just venting) I did some serious investigation into the stand alone apps and after reading reviews discovered that Navigon was the app that most appealed to me..then it went on sale several weekends ago and I jumped at it. I really enjoy the functionality of the app as well as it's accuracy and speed with which it re-directs following a wrong turn or user cosen alternate route. I am seriously considering adding the TRAFFIC LIVE feature and know I have made the right choice for me.

grajasekar

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Navigon from my friends with iPhones atleast. A lot of them swear by it. But does TomTom have the voices (like Darth Vader) available for the iPhone version too like on their standard GPS devices? cos that'd be damn cool.

coachnh#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Navigon by far !

Navigon is the superior app for all of the navigation apps that are available. I am not including the new Garmin app as it is just breaking ingot the marketplace, but navigon works very well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4