Need a new Twitter Client...Help Me

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for a new twitter client. I have been using Twittelator Pro and Tweetings for a long time. The 2 biggest reasons for Twittelator is the link button in the tweet and the pic thumbnail in the tweet. I really like those features and they have made it my favorite. I used Tweetings for native push. It was a good client but has had major crash issues for me and is slow. It doesn't offer the 2 features above either. I can use Boxcar so the push issue is not a big deal. One of the big reasons I liked Tweetings was the 'More" button. Let me explain. When I would not check twitter for a half day, I would have 400-500 tweets or more to go through. Tweetings had a gap area I could touch and it would load all my missed tweets since the last time I logged on. Twittelator does not have this and I miss tweets all the time. Recently Tweetings has stopped loading more than 100 tweets and it gets annoying having to scroll and load 4-5 times.

So what I am looking for is a client with live links, thumbnails, boxcar or native push and one that will load all my missed tweets. I am trying Osfoora right now and like it. It has 2/4 and I am asking for the live links and thumbnails from the developer. Who knows if they will do it. My hope is some of the fine members on here will help with their experiences. I read the Twitter review Alli and Leanna posted but I did not see what I wanted in those clients. They may have just not mentioned it since their reviews were abbreviated. Thanks in advance.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have been using Osfoora exclusively for months now. Love it, love it, love it. I just got Hoot Suite (since it was offered free), and it's...ok.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Well I have tried a bunch of free versions tonight and nothing can touch Twittelator IMO. I got Osfoora a while back when it was free. I don't see where are the love is coming from. Its just okay but offers so much less than Twittelator. I have to figure out the "More" bar on Twittelator. It used to come up every time I opened the app and more than 200 tweets had to be loaded since I last checked. Now with the multi-tasking, I think its just does not work as it should. If they can get that fixed, it will do everything I want. The killer features are the live links, thumbnails and tap scrolling. I am in twitter a good bit and just like those conveniences. I also downloaded Simply Tweet and its a good app as well. Better than Osfoora IMO.

juched

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a blackberry I miss socialscope where my Facebook and twitter could mix together. The latest version even would mix into the unified inbox. Any chance an iPhone client could do that?

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I've been using Twitbit Pro for months now, and love it's push notifications (and ability to choose different notifications for separate Twitter accounts). I gives me live links and thumbnails, too. I would definitely recommend it. The only feature I wish it would borrow from other clients is "pull to refresh" like the official Twitter app and Facebook.

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Guys thanks for all the replies. I am sticking with Twittelator. Its just too good. I have expressed to Andrew Stone the need for better gap detection. IMO, Tweetings has the best gap detection on the clients I have used. Hopefully he will implement because the more button and having to scroll to the bottom just in not optimal. Other than that issue, there is just not much Twittelator can be faulted for.

Exechobo

Sep 25, 2010
exechobo.com
My testing of five or six free clients ended up with me using Tweetdeck, which was narrowly better than Seesmic. For simple, Echofon is slightly better than the Twitter app, and for the exotic, Twitbird was cool. I keep a couple at a time and move between them. The interface is as important as anything once I am satisfied I can use all the functions I like. Things like lists, search and DM are easier in some than others.