App request: fast, accurate, flight tracker

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm looking for some help/suggestions on a flight tracking app.

I pick people up from the airport 2-5 times a week as part of my job.

I don't need a lot of fancy trip planning features, just basic flight tracking, but I need the fastest and most accurate data possible as I live several hours from the airport and have to park a few miles away but need to pull up to the curb as soon as the plane lands.

Something that does push notifications would be ideal, but probably isn't required.

Thanks!

Last edited:

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! That one looks pretty good.

I'm currently waiting for a flight so I'm letting that one, Kayak, flightstats.com, and the airlines website fight it out.

If anyone else has suggestions feel free to post.

parnera

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi There,

I travel around the World at least once month from Wellington, New Zealand and am constantly prone to delayed or cancelled flights and my business contacts and family are constantly trying to understand when I am landing so that they can reach me.

I have therefore created an iPhone application that gives live departures and arrivals information for any flights at any given airport around the World: Check it out it's called World Flights.

There is also a draw to win an ipad everytime a milestone of 10,000 download is reached on the AppStore.

Cheers,

Patrice

hopper

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Please let us know what works best! I've found results to be variable.
I'm currently using Flight Aware. Take a look at the TSA app. It has potential if people really start updating their time in security lines.

Thanks! That one looks pretty good.

I'm currently waiting for a flight so I'm letting that one, Kayak, flightstats.com, and the airlines website fight it out.

If anyone else has suggestions feel free to post.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro