Unique promotion ideas?

age_dev

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi all!

I've been looking for different ways to promote my apps, and i wanted to know your experiences promoting them. I personally have tried to use app review sites to gain market exposure, but that hasnt worked quite so well. It seems everyone goes down the same path to advertising, which begs the question how are you supposed to get noticed if your doing what everyone else is doing. So my question is if anyone has thought of a different avenue of advertising that hasnt been explored yet. I think that this would be the best option for someone small like myself to make an impact with the bigger players.

I've done some research and found a website called TheAppForApps.com and that actually looks like a great idea but there isn't a lot of apps on there yet, although I have seen a few get added on over the past couple hours. I emailed the people there asking for more info and they came back to me explaining that they want to achieve something like the million dollar homepage but with iphone apps. They even sent me a promo to put some free blocks on the site just to get things started.

So i was thinking if everyone here got together and tried to get free space on the site we could generate some publicity for the site, and because we are the first on there it could make for some good advertising. I figured if its free why not. I am hoping to get my ad ready in the next couple days.

Let me know your thoughts or any other ideas.

Cheers, age_dev

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey there!

You bring up a common issue we all face as developers. How do we promote our apps in the most effective and cost sensitive ways? With our AppZilla products, we've certainly run into this question. There is no 1 right answer, and effectiveness of various advertising networks will always vary based on the app being promoted, the current market trends, the ad budget available, and sometimes planet alignment it seems.

We've tried traditional web ads, requesting app reviews from notable sites, and just about every mobile ad network we've come across. My suggestion is to explore all free options first. Make sure to contact every app reviewer you can find and give them a promo code for your app if you have em available. Then explore social network sites. Then start looking at affordable advertising solutions that won't cause you to spend your life savings to even TRY a campaign.

We at Fossil Software have recently initiated a very affordable app promotion opportunity. We've created the "AppZilla Showcase". This Showcase is a page within our AppZilla apps where we feature 12 apps at a time. When a user taps on any of the apps, they get to see the store description, screenshots, ratings average, view a YouTube video for the app (optional), and a link to buy/download the app from iTunes. What makes this such a good opportunity for developers? Our AppZilla user base is over 2 million users strong. We have been frequently ranked in the top Utilities category, as well as top 50 and often top 25 paid apps over all. This means that developers participating in the AppZilla Showcase can take advantage of the months of exposure we have earned. It's sort of like cutting in line! The most difficult issue for developers is getting your app SEEN. You may have an awesome app, but if Apple doesn't grace you with a featured spot, you may not get enough initial traction to rise in the ranks. Quickly your app slides into the abyss of apps that users will never know about. With the AppZilla Showcase, you have another opportunity to be seen by millions. We bring the audience, you bring the app!

So how affordable is it? Currently our lowest campaign starts at $100. That buys you 4 days in the showcase. (Prices subject to change). If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please visit our website, (fossilsoftware.com), and click on the "Showcase" page. There you will find details of how it all works, everything the showcase comes with, and you can check availability and book campaigns 24 hours a day on our calendar.

I hope this helps! We've seen some exciting results for developers currently participating in the AppZilla Showcase.
:cool:

JanuszNSG

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
As I suppose there is a loot similar possibilities. Truly I'm afraid about efficiency. Is so much sites to promote, so potential customers are very confused and divided between them. But when i will be able to afford, will consider this investment. Good idea:D

Rodney Jones

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
you can register with ad networks and integrate your sdk with your app?some of the ad networks that i know you can try out admob,smaato,adiquity?..

Gerald McRaney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi

You can also host a free website regarding your Apps in Blogger, Tumblr, and Posterous and you can able to supply your link to everyone about your app. Use social buttons like Stumble Upon, Digg, Facebook Share, and ReTweet all on your website so that people can talk about your app.