Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

23 Posts

Default Where's My Football / 3G - App's not streaming?

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if the question has been asked and answered. I did a quick seach and didn't see anything.

I have a 3G and am a huge College Football fan (Go Big Orange!) and volunteer for flag detail and attend the Tampa Bay Buc's games. This weekend was not a good weekend for listening to my games on the iPhone:

Saturday - I have the 104.5 The Zone application that streams the VOL Network on game day. I was listening to Bob Kesling; getting all pumped when I got out of the app to take a phone call. Five minutes later (game time) I was not able to get back into the game; for some reason it was playing ESPN news? I was told that that station does indeed carry the game.

Sunday - While waiting for pre-game flag detail at Raymond James Stadium, I listend to 103.5 through the iHeart application. Again was able to hear all the pre-game hoopla. I performed my flag detail, went up into the stands to watch the game and could not get the ap to play that station. I could hear other stations, just not the station that advertises as broadcasting the BUC game.

Anyone know what the fumble is going on? I want my football and since we can't watch live TV through the iPhone - please help me listen! Any answers or suggestions?
    iMore Intermediate

363 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,081 Global Posts

Yes, sometimes depending to TV agreements the station will not stream the event over the internet making it available only to local listeners. When ECU and VA Tech played I was unable to listen via the internet at work however my mother who was at home was able to get it on an actual FM radio. This has been my experience thus far. Sucks I know but money talks...
    iMore Elite

2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

iTroldahl explained it perfectly.

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Market blackout...same as TV.