Netflix Now On

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Anybody used Netflix yet on the iphone 4? Wondering how the quality is on 3g vs WiFi. can't wait to start using it so I don't have to steal bandwidth from my employer to watch movies at work.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Anybody used Netflix yet on the iphone 4? Wondering how the quality is on 3g vs WiFi. can't wait to start using it so I don't have to steal bandwidth from my employer to watch movies at work.

I have tried the iPhone app this morning from home over wifi - the quality is very acceptable. I have not tried the 3G quality yet... but will experiment a bit later today...

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have tried the iPhone app this morning from home over wifi - the quality is very acceptable. I have not tried the 3G quality yet... but will experiment a bit later today...

3G quality is very nice. No issues. Similar to Hulu on 3G.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
e6927f01.jpg

Watching Shawshank on netbook.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
e6927f01.jpg

Watching Shawshank on netbook.

Bro, Shawshank FTW!!!

Also, congrats on all the certificates of appreciation, you must do a good job!:D

LOL also, the picture of your daughter on the side of the pecil cup, she looks like shes playing craps and throwing dice, lol cute kid!

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
@touchy
Thanks
Certs are for Polar Bear Plunge, 7 years running, coldest one 28 degrees.
Daughter is bowling
And Shawshank get busy living or get busy dying!!

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Can it buffer an entire show/movie (or multiples) to watch while off-network, for instance during a commercial aircraft flight? That's the only time I'm interested in watching movies on an iPhone. Now I have to buy the movies and videos from iTunes or rip DVD movies to my iPhone with the ifunia DVD to iPhone converter, or just download videos movies from Hulu, YouTube things like this, then also need to convert with ifunia video conversion tool, u know it get some times to do that, and I don't want to pay too much on this video/movies enjoying.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Netflix only allows streaming - no downloading for later viewing. It only buffers something like 3-5 minutes at a time.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Well, I still can't seem to buffer over 3G, movies stop every three seconds and pause for 2 then play for 3 then pause for 2. If I manually pause the movie I can wait 30 seconds and watch maybe 30-45 seconds before it skips, jumps or pauses again. I am on 3g with full bars.

theiPhonechick

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know why when I watch a movie completely to the end it shows as "resume" at the top of the screen next time I go into the app. What's to resume when I've already finished it? It's done this with every movie I've watched so far. 4 to be exact. It's like it doesn't register that I've finished it. Is something wrong or is this normal?

I've already watched Shawshank. One of my favorites!!

Remember Red.. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and a good thing never dies!

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I do pretty well over 3G. Although, it really depends on where you're at. Strong 3G signals = no problem! theIphonechick, try playing it again and scrolling to the end of the movie and see if the resume button shows again. I did it, and it doesn't say resume anymore.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I definitely enjoy this! Took them long enough. IMO its faster and a much better interface then the terrible iPad app they have (basically their website). The only gripe I have as of now is no video out :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2