Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Netflix app release date?

When will we see the netflix streaming app finally hip the app store? They said summer and end of summer is nearing.
    iPhone Nanite

I searched around for the same thing a few days ago and found Nothing! So disappointed. A week ago I took a trip to Orlando, and I was hoping to use Netflix at some point during the trip! I figured I'd be able to, considering Netflix for iPhone was announced a lonnnnngggg time ago. If you really NEED Netflix on your phone I know there's some way to get it by having a jailbroken iphone, but otherwise we just gotta wait. No dates besides end of summer, so they can technically wait till the last hour of summer to give it, but then again I think it'll fall down the road of the White iPhone 4 and lapse into next year..
    iMore Intermediate

I was anxiously waiting for this app to release, but since I've become a member of Hulu+, I'm not sweating it as much. It will be nice to watch movies on my phone on trips and such, but until then I've got a buttload of tv shows to chose from.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stkywik View Post
    I was anxiously waiting for this app to release, but since I've become a member of Hulu+, I'm not sweating it as much. It will be nice to watch movies on my phone on trips and such, but until then I've got a buttload of tv shows to chose from.
    How much does Hulu cost !?
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Behshad View Post
    $10 a month.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Behshad View Post
    It's a free app, but costs $10/month for the service. You can't just start paying for it though, you have to be invited. Go to their website and you can join a waiting list for the invites. I put my name on the list they day they opened it to the public and it took about a month to get the invite. Some on here were quicker, though.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stkywik View Post
    It's a free app, but costs $10/month for the service. You can't just start paying for it though, you have to be invited. Go to their website and you can join a waiting list for the invites. I put my name on the list they day they opened it to the public and it took about a month to get the invite. Some on here were quicker, though.
    Thanks for the info,,,,

I think between the $10/month for netflix and my slingplayer, I will rather wait for a netflix app though
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Newbie

I would rather wait as well bu I am trying impatient
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts

I want it as well but I don't think streaming it without WiFi on is smart. That would seemingly suck up a lot of data. If you are on unlimited data w/e but if you are on a capped amount then that would drain you quick.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

It's out now
    iMore Intermediate

Sweeeeet. DL'ing it now.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    I want it as well but I don't think streaming it without WiFi on is smart. That would seemingly suck up a lot of data. If you are on unlimited data w/e but if you are on a capped amount then that would drain you quick.
    And to restate... there is NO unlimited data plan. The so called "unlimited" plan from AT&T is actually capped at 5GB... so, I agree... streaming over WiFi is the best way to go.