Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    foley7's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts

    Default Netflix app release date?

    When will we see the netflix streaming app finally hip the app store? They said summer and end of summer is nearing.
  2. #2  
    jasonphil's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    9 Posts

    Default

    I searched around for the same thing a few days ago and found Nothing! So disappointed. A week ago I took a trip to Orlando, and I was hoping to use Netflix at some point during the trip! I figured I'd be able to, considering Netflix for iPhone was announced a lonnnnngggg time ago. If you really NEED Netflix on your phone I know there's some way to get it by having a jailbroken iphone, but otherwise we just gotta wait. No dates besides end of summer, so they can technically wait till the last hour of summer to give it, but then again I think it'll fall down the road of the White iPhone 4 and lapse into next year..
  3. #3  
    stkywik's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    227 Posts

    Default

    I was anxiously waiting for this app to release, but since I've become a member of Hulu+, I'm not sweating it as much. It will be nice to watch movies on my phone on trips and such, but until then I've got a buttload of tv shows to chose from.
  4. #4  
    Behshad's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    706 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stkywik View Post
    I was anxiously waiting for this app to release, but since I've become a member of Hulu+, I'm not sweating it as much. It will be nice to watch movies on my phone on trips and such, but until then I've got a buttload of tv shows to chose from.
    How much does Hulu cost !?
  5. #5  
    deadp1xel's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    880 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Behshad View Post
    How much does Hulu cost !?
    $10 a month.
  6. #6  
    stkywik's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    227 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Behshad View Post
    How much does Hulu cost !?
    It's a free app, but costs $10/month for the service. You can't just start paying for it though, you have to be invited. Go to their website and you can join a waiting list for the invites. I put my name on the list they day they opened it to the public and it took about a month to get the invite. Some on here were quicker, though.
  7. #7  
    Behshad's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    706 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stkywik View Post
    It's a free app, but costs $10/month for the service. You can't just start paying for it though, you have to be invited. Go to their website and you can join a waiting list for the invites. I put my name on the list they day they opened it to the public and it took about a month to get the invite. Some on here were quicker, though.
    Thanks for the info,,,,

    I think between the $10/month for netflix and my slingplayer, I will rather wait for a netflix app though
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    foley7's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts

    Default

    I would rather wait as well bu I am trying impatient
  9. #9  
    Mustang5Oh's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    885 Posts
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts

    Default

    I want it as well but I don't think streaming it without WiFi on is smart. That would seemingly suck up a lot of data. If you are on unlimited data w/e but if you are on a capped amount then that would drain you quick.
  10. #10  
    cardfan's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,237 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

    Default

    It's out now
  11. #11  
    stkywik's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    227 Posts

    Default

    Sweeeeet. DL'ing it now.
  12. #12  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    I want it as well but I don't think streaming it without WiFi on is smart. That would seemingly suck up a lot of data. If you are on unlimited data w/e but if you are on a capped amount then that would drain you quick.
    And to restate... there is NO unlimited data plan. The so called "unlimited" plan from AT&T is actually capped at 5GB... so, I agree... streaming over WiFi is the best way to go.

Posting Permissions