Navigon vs Tom Tom

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Which GPS software is better Navigon or Tom Tom. If you like either software better let me know. I am trying to decide which one to purchase.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
i have been using Navigon and have not had any problems. i used it on a trip from San Fran to LA and didn't get lost once. I set it for scenic and it kept me on HWY 1 all the way.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Navigon is great. They are always leading the GPS-feature race and are good about updates. Plus, it is on sale for 1/2 off right now for their year anniversary in the App store. Can't beat it.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I own Tom Tom and it's very reliable even without the overpriced car kit. Integrated Google search is a plus too. I've never used Navigation but I hear good things about it.

Search the software section of this forum. You'll find quite a few threads on Navigation.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm a proud owner of Navigon's GPS Solution.

a few key points
1. pay for traffic ONCE, not every 12 months with Tom Tom.
2. Navigon was the first with the in-software MP3 control, no longer necessary unless your pre-iOS4
3. Enhanced maps with an in-app purchase are quite nice... it also seems to have increased the depth of directions (turn left, then bear right -- used to say: turn left... now bear right...)

my vote: Navigon

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't used Navigon, though I've been tempted to buy it.

I'm a TomTom beta user and have found their app to be quite solid and constantly improving.

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Been using navigon with Tom Tom car kit for a year. Very happy with both. Travel CT to Boston and ny as well as Florida. Never a problem.

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I've read several rave reviews about navigon so I decided to get it because of the 50% off. Haven't tried it yet, but the 1/2 price is a really good deal IMO.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I like Tom Tom. But what about the MotionX which is .99 or MapQuest which is free. I have been trying out Map Quest and it hasn't gotten me lost yet b

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Around a year ago when I was researching which one to buy, I decided on Navigon. I am completely satisfied and don't regret my purchase. Also right now Navigon is having a 50% off sale including in app purchase.

The reason I decided Navigon over Tom Tom when I bought was that Navigon has the lane assist. With lane assist, the screen switches view when you come up to highway splits or mergers and shows you an arrow pointing to the exact lane you need to be in. Driving through New York it's a real life saver. For me that was the best feature and what I wanted.

maxaudet

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried Navigon but I've been using TomTom for a 2500km trip from Quebec, Canada to New York and Cape May and it was just flawless. It was using my 3GS (got my iP4 yesterday!!) and NO car kit.
I paid $50 for it (special)
I highly recommend it.

McIPhone

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have been using Motion X and it has worked very well. But, it seems when I need it the most, I don't have a data connection. I just bought Navigon with the 50% discount. Love having the maps on-board. USA + traffic for $35!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Around a year ago when I was researching which one to buy, I decided on Navigon. I am completely satisfied and don't regret my purchase. Also right now Navigon is having a 50% off sale including in app purchase.

The reason I decided Navigon over Tom Tom when I bought was that Navigon has the lane assist. With lane assist, the screen switches view when you come up to highway splits or mergers and shows you an arrow pointing to the exact lane you need to be in. Driving through New York it's a real life saver. For me that was the best feature and what I wanted.
"Lane assist" is no longer a discriminator. TomTom provides very good lane guidance.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I am afraid that this choice has now dissolved into one of religion. Choose either and you will be one of the faithful after a few hours of use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2