Trouble with Voice Memos app since OS 4

nortonl

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Ever since the new OS has come out, my Voice Memos have been recording sporadically and inconsistently. I have an iPhone 3G (without the compass app, that version). What happens is this:

I press record on the voice memos app.
It beeps.
The level indicator moves, time counts up.
I interview my guest.
The interview ends, I press stop. It beeps. There is an clock showing how much time has passed.

I then sync my iPhone with iTunes. The voice memo doesn't show up in iTunes. I safely disconnect my iPhone and look at the list of voice memos on the iPhone. The date and time I recorded my memo is there, but the time reads "0s." Zero seconds, not the full fifteen minutes that recorded.

I look on my hard drive. The file is there, it has been transferred from the iPhone to the hard drive, but Quicktime will not open it. I get a message that reads "could not open the file filename.m4a because it is not a file that Quicktime Understands."

I'm running Windows 7. This never happened before with Windows 7 before version 4 of the iPhone OS, so "Buy a Mac" is not (and never should be) an answer. It's especially frustrating to me because the file is there on my hard drive, a full 20mb, a fifteen minute interview I did for my job as a reporter, and I will not get another chance to interview this subject again.

Is there a way to get this file listenable? Or has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution? Any help (besides "buy a Mac") would be appreciated. Thanks.

Norton

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73