iPhone games on iPad? What do you use?

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
With some many games being available on iPhone and the porting/creation of iPad games being so slow, does anyone use iPhone games on the iPad as their main game library and snuff the iPad equivalent? Is it a money thing (buy once and play on both) or just impatient?

chadman

Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
I keep going back and forth. Games like Hero of Sparta II are great on iPhone. Should I you give up on iPad games?

chadman

Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
I have not had a lot of luck with the retina display games making much of a difference on iPad. I will have to take a look. I have that game but I have not installed it on iPad yet.

Asher Rainey

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
I definitely think it looks noticeably better than its counterparts who lack retina display updates. Could just be that game but its definitely better, not great as you can still see clear pixelation but its certainly playable and more importantly, enjoyable!

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I play the iPhone version of Words With Friends on my iPad because I already paid for it once and shouldn't have to shell out another $3 for what should be a universal app.

chadman

Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
Everyone loves Angry Birds. Great game. It is tough for me to decide as most of the games look pixelated on the iPad; I want the games to look good! But on the flip side, I think it is a fair assumption that not all games are going to have an iPad version.

norm#IM

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
i've got We Rule Gold on both devices (iPhone 3G on iOS 4.x and iPad), but iOS 4 really bogged it down on my iPhone so i zapped it from my iPhone and kept it on my iPad. but the iPad stays home, so i can only plant crops that i think i can harvest once a day instead of several times a day like i used to.

UniWar i play on both devices, whichever one is in front of me at the time. it's a low res game so i keep it in 1x when i play on the iPad.

there aren't any high res games on the iPad worth playing so far. an iPad game would have to be a really really deep game with high res that would get me to pay 4.99+. Myst has awesome high res pix.
i might get that one. i never did finish it on the PC.

how about AOE or Starcraft on the iPad?!?! now that would be tempting. not enough horsepower? too bad.

Mriley1058

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Final Fantasy is great on the iPad. It scales up fine and you don't notice it at all. Might have something to do with the high quality graphics, lol.

jonas1

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
happy letters

Well, I like word puzzle games, so I would say Happy Letters HD. It looks much better on the iPad than the iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods