Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

346 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,913 Global Posts

Default 3Gs + iOS4: multiple calendars.. any gotchas?

I am using Exchange Activesyncto have my work mail, contacts, calendar on the device.

Now that mutiple calendars are allowed, I am hoping to sync to my personal GMail calendar as well (for my personal appointments). I have set up the Gmail account as an "gmail" and not Exchange. The goal is to not store my personal appts. on my work's Exchange server.

Are there any gotchas in adding more calendars?
    How will the entries on my 3Gs get distinguished on the screen between those on the work server and those on the Google server?

Can I have multiple contacts on my 3Gs as well? Same reason: to avoid keeping my personal contacts from getting stored on my work's servers.

Aloke Prasad
    iPhone Newbie

10 Posts

I have had a huge number of problem with zombie calendars on my iPod touch. With Apple's MobileMe, I used to have two of the same calendar, but I eventually figured out how to properly sync my many Apple devices properly. However, when I moved from Apple's old MobileMe to their new MobileMe beta a few weeks ago, the calendar syncing changed and I ended up with duplicate events everywhere (and a bad case of deja vu!) No problem, I thought, I'll just delete the defunct old calendar on my iPod touch (I deleted it everywhere else). No dice... I think it may live on in my iPod touch forever.

footnote: I'm a hobbyist developer who has written a scheduling app (gratuitous plug: checkMeet), but for the life of me I can't figure out how a non-Apple app could delete calendars (wise of Apple to provide protections against buggy apps, of course). Maybe I'm just dense -- it's certainly stupid that I ended up with duplicate calendars (one of which is now weeks out of date... sigh).