Do any document apps support tracking changes?

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about an iPad but I am not sure it will suit my needs. I have a quick question about Quick Office, Doc2Go, iwork, etc.

I frequently receive word documents that have the "track changes" feature enabled. It is imperative that I be able to see changes from other users, make changes and send out documents via email for others to review.

Do any of the iPad document editors support this functionality?

Thanks

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I've looked around and it appears the answer to this is a big "no" right now. That is disappointing. I guess the only way is through logmein or one of the remote desktop apps.

judiphilly

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
This came up with me last month when I was on vacation & needed to review a document that was black-lined. I have GoodReader, Pages & Office HD, but none would import the blacklined version (it came through with the changes as a clean version). I checked Documents to Go & a few others, but none had that feature either. I then researched it and wasn't able to find any program that reads a black-lined document or let you draft a document with track changes.

I assume it will be added in a new update to one of these programs soon, since the iPad being used for business & it is something often needed, especially for attorneys drafting agreements. My guess would be that Docs to Go would add it first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen