Suggestion for sync-able Notes App with offline viewing

Argelius1

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm becoming overwhelmed with too many app options for what I want, so thought I'd stop by here for some advice.

I've never used the native Notes app primarily because there's no (easy) way to create Notes on my computer for two-way syncing to my phone. (Also, I want a way to organize my notes into folders).

My long-used work-around for this was to use the Notes field in Address Book which while not ideal, allowed for easy syncing to and from my phone and made it easy to look up notes info on my phone. ( I created separate Contacts "groups" for the various categories of notes I have).

With the coming of iOS4, the visible notes field is smaller and now only shows 8 lines at a time before you have to start scrolling. So this isn't working so well for me.

What I'm hoping to find is an iphone app that will:
[1] Allow for creating of notes on my computer as well as on the phone.
[2] Two-way sycning
[3] Ability to organize notes within sub folders (or some other means)
[4] Allow for off-line viewing of notes (for when I am out of WiFi/3G range).

I've been playing with Evernote, but dont like that only "favorites" apps are viewable offline (although this isn't a huge problem since it just requires marking everything as a favorite). However, I don't like how the iPhone app puts all the notes in a big long list that requires lots of scrolling if you have lots of notes. (While you can group things in subfolders, they aren't collapsable, so you are left with a LONG list).

I've been looking into using Google Docs for this, since there seems to be lots of iphone apps that allow you to view them. Unfortunately, it seems like most don't let you view anything while off line which is sort of a deal breaker. (And the one that does allow off line viewing -MiGhty Docs- doesn't let you edit anything).

So far, NoteMaster seems like my best bet.

Should anyone have actually read this far, any other app suggestions?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Go back to Evernote and just use the search feature instead of scrolling. Even on a pc you still have a big long list if you have hundreds of notes.

iMarna

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Simplenote. It syncs with an online server, usable offline and includes a search at the top. It sounds a lot like Alli's Evernote.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2