Weather

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Whats the best Weather app for the iPhone 4? I have been using the free version of The Weather Channel but it doesn't have any "push" alerts for various conditions.(air quality, tornato watch, heat advisory, etc)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The absolute best Weather app on ANY platform is BerryWeather from BellShare. Unfortunately, it is only for the BlackBerry platform. The screens are beautiful, plenty of options, well laid out and the app is as accurate as any. I would love to see it ported to the iPhone... until then, I, too, am in search of something worthy of my support.

I've tried the native (Apple) app, TWC Max, PocketWeather, WeatherEye and AccuWeather (free). So far, I have NO winner. :(

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
Well, ask 10 people and you will probably get 10 different answers. That being said, I prefer Pocket Weather (by ShiftJelly). Not only does it support different themes but it also has push notifications for a temperature badge on the Pocket Weather icon on your home screen. Even if you put the Pocket Weather app in a folder, iOS4 shows the badge on the folder (if there are no other badges in the apps in the folder).

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
doesn't look like any of them use push for alerts though. man.. I do miss BerryWeather on my Blackberry.

I see The Weather Channel just updated its free version. hmmm I wish one of them got a great review because I want to buy a good one but can't see spending the $$ on something thats not working.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I use The Weather Channel App and it has plenty of features I especially use the full screen view and motion to view incoming weather at the ball park. Haven't tried Accuweather but will now to see what it is like.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
While I understand people want free apps and while you can still get them, its not without a cost. You will have to deal with iAds. Personally I would rather have a pay app so I don't have to deal with the iAds service.

My biggest concern is if iAds takes off so quickly and generates so much money for developers we may see the % of free go way, way up compared to paid apps. That for me would not be a good thing.

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
There is a push service called LetMeKnow that includes weather alert pushes. It's free to try and then it's a couple bucks to keep the services. Also does mail, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the WeatherBug app lately. It's a solid app, but it definitely lacks the "wow" factor of some of the other, prettier apps.

Still hoping that BerryWeather will end up with an iPhone version...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
doesn't look like any of them use push for alerts though. man.. I do miss BerryWeather on my Blackberry.

I see The Weather Channel just updated its free version. hmmm I wish one of them got a great review because I want to buy a good one but can't see spending the $$ on something thats not working.

The Weather Channel Max app has push alerts for watches/warnings/alerts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2