LED Flashlight for iPhone 4

jzting

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Just wanted to announce my new app that got approved today :)

LED Light for iPhone 4 aims to be a no-frills, easy to use light. Like a real flashlight, you should only have to hit one button, so when you touch the app icon the light automatically turns on upon launch. I've opted to keep the UI as simple and natural with just two buttons: one for power and the other to activate the strobe feature. The strobe can be adjusted from an interval of one second to a fraction of a second using the slider.

I've released both a 0.99 version and a free iAd supported version. I really wanted to check out iAd and see if the returns it offers developers is really worth it.

Original blog post: LED Light for iPhone 4 | JZ * LABS - the web experiment playground of jason ting
0.99 version: LED Light for iPhone 4 for iPhone 4 on the iTunes App Store
Free version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=379753015&mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Jason

Reactions: lungho

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Was just thinking it was silly for app to turn on the light when you can do it for free using the video cam app, but the strobe is a nice extra. I'll check it out later today.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Was just thinking it was silly for app to turn on the light when you can do it for free using the video cam app, but the strobe is a nice extra. I'll check it out later today.

Well here's the thing. Without the LED app, you have to open the camera app, switch it to video mode, and finally, toggle the flash switch to always on. That's a big headache when all you want to do is shine a light on a keyhole for less than a second.

With this app, you open it and the LED light automatically comes on. And there is an ad supported version of this app that is free. The ad is non-intrusive and does not interfere with the operation of the app.

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I migrated from 10-15 years with Nokia handsets to the iPhone and have never looked back. These LED flash light apps have been around on Nokia handsets for quite some time now, and I remember the talk about them back in the day, with the main concern being that prolonged use of the LED flash, bearing in mind it is designed to be used as a quick 'flash' of light (hence its name and purpose), could burn out the LED. Or certainly, burn out the LED ALOT quicker then if by regular use (not to mention the additional battery drain).

For that reason, I stayed away from those apps then, I'll be steering clear of them now.

That said, it is a nice clean looking app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2