your note apps...

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've got a few todo apps (Todo, ToodleDo, Omnifocus, etc.), but I pretty much only use Evernote for notes. I do like its "cloud" capability for non-sensitive note taking, etc. Like Alli thinks, it's pretty much Evernote for the win.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about BugMe when I was setting up a new TV yesterday. It kept telling me all these codes which I had to go run back to my laptop and enter in, to get access to Netflix, Pandora, etc. I realized I use BugMe in place of writing a note on a piece of paper. I _like_ writing with my finger, for just a few words or numbers.

736dave

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I have used toodledo, appigo And a couple others before that I don't recall. For me it is all about keeping it simple. Once google sorted out their tasks list, I gave those up and went for GeeTasks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Since before the Palm days, I've used a desktop program called Time & Chaos as my contact manager and calendar. Through various Palms and now the iPhone, I've gone out of my way to get database conduits to keep T&C in sych. One of the very strong points of the program is that it has a "tasks" window that can stay on one's desktop all day so that tasks may be completed or added and then sync'd. An app called Agendus handled tasks with reminders and sync'd. Agendus is out for iPhone, but has not evolved far enough. It seems as if Apple is just pushing us toward Outlook for this sort of functionality.
On another note, I'm curious how many former Palm users miss graffiti for note taking. I've been toying with trying to develop a graffiti app for the iPhone.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've gone totally to Google for tasks and CalenGoo does a great job of integrating them. (Although still not as great as Agendus was on Palm.)

I misse Graffiti for a while, but I'm long past it. If I ever get the urge to hand write a note, I just hand write in Evernote.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving Evernote a good try. As I've mentioned to Alli, I wish one could create notebooks using the app. From what I can ascertain at this time, Evernote is what you make of it and you should be able to organize your notes using tags (galore) in a manner that works for you.

CalenGoo... might have to give that one a look, given that I'm already using google calendar for most of my task/event entries.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
On another note, I'm curious how many former Palm users miss graffiti for note taking. I've been toying with trying to develop a graffiti app for the iPhone.

Me, me!!! This is probably why I love BugMe so much...I used to miss the little stylus, too, but now, not so much.

Alice Laquisha

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
My Best Note App!!

I have n number of productivity apps in my iPhone. Most often I use the best productivity/Lifestyle app called "Touch Notes".

Having involved in the business, many at times I have forgotten the important things to do or capture the ideas I wanted to do. Thereby, I am using "Touch Notes" often to capture the ideas that come up in day to day life/list the to do things to accomplish for a day.

StefanKlaus

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I personally use Wunderlist and the extension [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1205902510?at=10l3Vy]Wudnerlist: Quick Capture[/URL] that allows me to record my thoughts quicly during a meeting

I love Wunderlist because it's syncs with all my devices, the ios app is perfect for me and the web version is very handy.

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
As an Android-to-iPhone newcomer I am looking for a new note app so I appreciate this thread.

On Android I enjoyed using a simple note app called Color Note which offered a cloud backup to my Google account--a great feature that allowed me to sync my notes.

Do any iOS note apps offer something similar?