IM+ or Beejive?

IM+ or Beejive?

• Total voters

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys

Looking for an IM client and I don't want to pay for both if I'm going to use one. I have tried the lite version of IM+ but I haven't tried Beejive and i have heard it is excellent.

Sound off, let me know your experience and what you think. Point to a review if you wish.

david.beaton

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Beejive would be my clear winner after using both now extensively... Here's why. First it has a much quicker connection and reconnection speed, has a much cleaner user interface, looks great on the iP4, and multitasks without problem.

I was a user of IM+ pre-iOS4, but it took them WAY too long to get their multi tasking correct and as a matter of fact, I just saw the update for it yesterday! I always found that it took too long for it to reconnect, and he GUI isn't ad clean

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've never tried IM+ but have owned BeejiveIM for over a year. I use it every day and is my preferred text messaging platform. It's fast and since the last update, it's also compatible w/ iOS4. Multi-tasking works well too. Best money I've spent on any app so far.

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Damnit... Out of my impatience I bought IM+ because of the universal binary and the lesser price and its driving me nuts... It says it wont sign out for 7 days and it signs out of everything.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Damnit... Out of my impatience I bought IM+ because of the universal binary and the lesser price and its driving me nuts... It says it wont sign out for 7 days and it signs out of everything.
Should have waited for the poll... heh. I
actually have both, but only use BeeJive
now. There was a time when I found
IM+ to be the better client, but BeeJive
quickly got their issues with staying
connected straightened out. They've
never looked back since.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPad and iPhone, so I needed one software that would do both so that I would not have to pay for the same program twice.

The initital release of IM+ for iOS4 was terrible, there were connection problems and ressuming was so slow. But the most recent update yesterday they appear to have really worked on this. Now I am finding that resumming is almost automatic. In fact I don't even see it connecting and messages are showing up instantly.

I also have Trillian, which I use on my PC and Mac OS. It is a very basic IM client, but seems to work very well even under iOS4. I expect once they make it iOS4 compatible it will really be nice.

Beejive played games for awhile with their client and I gave up on it. I won't be going back!

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
IM+ was driving me insane. I liked the Skype support and all that good stuff but it kept disconnecting on my iP4. So after tweeting duvi for a few minutes I dished out the $9.99 for Beejive and it is amazing. It reconnects almost instantly, push is flawless and its a really clean app.

Thanks duvi!!!!!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
IM+ was driving me insane. I liked the Skype support and all that good stuff but it kept disconnecting on my iP4. So after tweeting duvi for a few minutes I dished out the $9.99 for Beejive and it is amazing. It reconnects almost instantly, push is flawless and its a really clean app.

Thanks duvi!!!!!
Haha... no problem. Glad you like it.

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
As far as I can tell, Beejive sounds like it supports push, saved state, and ios4 multitasking better than IM+ ...but it only support two of the three networks I need. AIM and facebook area a must, but i also depend on skype chat. Anyone have a good solution for this?

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Wait for the Skype update and use both Beejive and IM+ for now... If you don't own them... Buy Beejive and use the Skype app

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
So I went with the prevailing advice here and beejive, but I'm having a few issues with it. Unlike the reports above, when I switch back to it it sometimes takes up to 45 seconds to re-connect. Plus it has been freezing on me often. Once, it gave me an all black screen with no controls when I tried to tap back in to a chat (and I couldn't see my conversation despite hearing several IM's come in). I had to force quit the app and re-launch it to get things back to normal.

I want to really like this app, but are there any suggestions of what I can do to fix this? I'm running ios4 on an iPhone 4.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
devonair, I think outside of this one forum if you look at many others, you'll see that Beejive is by far not the favorite. Perhaps someone will pitch in that has Beejive and give you some advice. I gave up on Beejive after there last little fiasco of waiting so long to update and then trying to steal my money by wanting me to buy a whole separate version for my iPad!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
From the multi-client IM apps, which one do
you see being the favorite elsewhere? On
macrumors, seems as though the majority is
for BeeJiveIM.

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
...but back to my question, haha: any tips for improving the performance of BeeJive? Is anyone else seeing these issues or am I an anomaly?

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
beejive is the sex! one time i was down on my luck and needed to save a few bucks so i took my sms msgs off my plan and used beejive IM for the whole month... it was a great substitute

look-fast

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
hi just checking out beejive vs im+ for the iphone.. i use yahoo n msn IMs alot but it sux on iphone.
so can someone pls help..for beejive, can you select+copy+paste some parts of a conversation into another application/text message? (im+ can.......).. also, does either one have group messaging yet please?

thanks!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2