Do you text? Need text app!

djkilla

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking for a text free app that can send MMS texts under one number/contact.

For example, I've tried Messagey and when my friend gets my text sent from Messagey to his iPhone messages app (not Messagey), he gets multiple incoming messages from 1 (410) 000-305, 1 (410) 000-036, etc.. Is there a text app (that sends MMS) where I can replace the numbers with my name or one number and have the messages in one folder/contact instead of having the messages show up individually? I've included a pic with this post showing the messages arriving as seperate single messages instead of grouped under one person/contact.

SMS.jpg

Last edited:

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I haven't tried it, because I just use the Iphone MMS app, but I think google voice texts. I think that would group correctly if you both got google voice #s and texted from that.

djkilla

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I tried setting up Google Voice with Messagey and it worked exactly like I wanted with messages arriving under one number (Google Voice number) and being grouped together but I'm still left without MMS. Only SMS works because Google Voice doesn't support MMS yet.

Any other suggestions to my first post? If a text free app can send and receive MMS under one number then problem solved!

Last edited:

djkilla

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Are you asking for an app that sends *free* MMS ?

Yes but a few other things as well.

1) Text free app that can MMS

2) Text free app must be able to send SMS/MMS messages to iPhone's message app (so without the other person having to also have the text free app)

3) Text free app must allow messages to be sent and received using one number and not multiple numbers like 1 (410) 000-305, 1 (410) 000-036, etc..

***If the app costs, that's ok. If the app has a yearly or unlimited text for life cost, that's ok. The goal is to have a text free app that can do the above with unlimited text messages per month with little to no cost. Almost replacing the AT&T cost they charge to text per month.

vettori

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok, now it's clearer. I'm sorry I don't know if such an app exists but I really think it doesn't exist... To have free texts you probably have to accept some limitations.
Sorry if I ask but how much does it costs to have unlimited text messages on AT&T ? Here in Italy you pay from 5? to 10? / month.

Last edited:

Messagey!

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried setting up Google Voice with Messagey and it worked exactly like I wanted with messages arriving under one number (Google Voice number) and being grouped together but I'm still left without MMS. Only SMS works because Google Voice doesn't support MMS yet.

Any other suggestions to my first post? If a text free app can send and receive MMS under one number then problem solved!

I'm the developer of Messagey!

Unfortunately the MMS not working with GV is a google issue -- there's a forum with a ton of people wanting that feature from google. We are working on a way to still send MMS through GV by sending a URL link to the picture instead of the picture. But unfortunately GV blocks all incoming MMS which is out of our control.

Our direct send/receive MMS works, perhaps your friends send the MMS itself to your name @ messagey.com so that you can receive it?

-- Steve
Messagey! support

djkilla

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Messagey - Thanks for the reply! I love the app and it works as advertised. It took me a while to figure out how to send and receive messages under one number which is only possable using Google Voice. I used the following to set it up correctly: How to Streamline Your Google Voice SMS on Your iPhone Using Textnow at Enflick Blog

The only thing I'm missing now is being able to MMS through Google Voice. I entered a request for it at Google Voice. By the way, I tried a few other text apps and Messagey is the best. I'm currently using it now. My only recommendation/request is to PLEASE have directions for others to setup Messagey using Google Voice on your web site (Messagey! for iPhone and iPod Touch) similar or exactly like what I found at How to Streamline Your Google Voice SMS on Your iPhone Using Textnow at Enflick Blog

Thanks again for providing a quality and very useful app!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711