Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

Question Looking for a better Contact App

I have a few business cards and a few scrap pieces of paper with contact info and I'd like to get them all into my iPod Touch. I am not a business man, so I can't justify paying for card scanning apps, etc... I don't mind typing them all in by hand, but there has to be a better solution than the one that comes with the iPod. Even if I can type them all on my PC and then sync them to the iPod. I can probably just enter them all into Gmail and then sync to the iPod.

I do have a scanner (all-in-one printer, fax, copier, scanner, etc...) attached to the PC. The scanner saves files as PDF. I've had people recommend Evernote. The only problem with that is that the free version of Evernote does not allow you to search the content of PDF files. So, if I scanned a business card to Evernote, there would be no way to search the content of a business card unless I upgrade to "Evernote Premium", which at this point, I don't have the need, nor the $$ to do so.

Any other solutions or recommendations?

Thank you
    Neal
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    5,589 Global Posts

Seen this ?.....ya get a bunch of free reads and then after that it's 10 cents each .... $2.99 for 30

ProOnGo Card Reader
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

I just did Googled "ProOnGo" and went to their website. I find it interesting that their site makes no reference about this product.

It has an average of 2 stars in the App Store. It does have three reviews and the reviews all give 5 stars.

I found eContact Pro (you'll have to Google it. I can't post links since I'm a new member). It's $3.99 and you also have to pay for card transcription.
    iPhone Newbie

If you have to enter a lot of contacts you can take a look at our app ABContacts that has a screen for fast contact add (and many other features).

If you try it, comments and suggestions are appreciated.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vettori View Post
    If you have to enter a lot of contacts you can take a look at our app ABContacts that has a screen for fast contact add (and many other features).

If you try it, comments and suggestions are appreciated.
    I'll consider it if it happens to go on sale.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    I just did Googled "ProOnGo" and went to their website. I find it interesting that their site makes no reference about this product.

It has an average of 2 stars in the App Store. It does have three reviews and the reviews all give 5 stars.

I found eContact Pro (you'll have to Google it. I can't post links since I'm a new member). It's $3.99 and you also have to pay for card transcription.
    Hey Neal

We've been a little slow to get our information up to the website, but I can handle any questions that you might have.

The ProOnGo Business Card Reader would definitely be able to handle your business cards, although the app is intended for devices that have cameras.

If you have any questions, you can send me an email Max(at)ProOnGo(dot)com
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

Vettori: Let me expand on my last post because I realize my response may have come across the wrong way. $4.99 is not a bad price to pay for a product if it will do what I need it to do. Right now is not the right time for me to make a purchase (even a $4.99 purchase). ABContacts is something I will consider for when I am in a better position.

Maximilian:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Since your app does appear to be new, only has low ratings and a few reviews, and has very few screen shots, I'm just going to wait until you're product is more established before making a decision.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    6,963 Global Posts

I have used Shape Services Business Card Reader on my BlackBerry, they offer it for the iPhone as well $5.99 iTunes Store - SHAPE Services you just scan the image using the camera.
    iMore Newbie

I use Pinch App for maintaining my business and friends contact.. Pinch iPhone app lets users communicate with friends by sending rich animations, pictures, emoticons, push notifications, location and all these can be done without any SMS/MMS/roaming charges across multiple platforms.

Do try this app. Its helpful and fun to have iMessenger, iContacts and iLocations in one app..
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

As a Marketing Professional I did feel difficult to maintain all the Business Card in my wallet.

I have got the solution through WorldCard Mobile and WorldCard Contacts.

WorldCard Mobile helps me to input all the business card info to my contacts with a snap of a photo.

WorldCard Contacts helps to save the the business card image in my contacts.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

I won a free copy of eContactPro, so I'm testing that out right now. I've run into some problems using it with my iPod Touch, but the eContact people say that this is a bug that they are aware of. I hope that they fix it soon, otherwise I'm going to be forced to give a very low review and rating in the App store.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Hi guys, previously I had mentioned that I am using WorldCard Mobile for managing my business cards, and recently I have came to know that the app was awarded as Best Mobile App OCR by MOBI awards 2010. It's great news for the folks who are all using it and the who are all searching for the app to maintain ur business cards. Cheers !
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Default WorldCard Mobile 3.6.0 Version

Hi All,

The WorldCard Mobile has been updated to 3.6.0 Version with unique features , they are as follows
    1. It is compatible with iOS 5.
    2. It supports cloud storage.

iTunes Link: App Store - WorldCard Mobile - business card reader & business card scanner