Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

42 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Disappointed in iPad Apps

Part of my reasoning for buying the iPad was the hope that native iPad apps would change the computing experience. With the iWork Apps, MLB at Bat 2010, ESPN Scorecenter, Wall Street Journal, Netflix, and NY Times, I was very excited for the potential of development on the iPad as well as the current selection of apps at launch.

Since I purchased the iPad, it has felt as though there has been little to no exciting apps that have been released since the original launch. Maybe it is just me, but I do feel that the selection is pretty poor. Yes, Apple advertises that they have "X" amount of apps available for the iPad, but they are also skewing some of these numbers by including 40 different versions of the same app in different languages. A little misleading. Also, some apps are simply books, which I don't consider an App.

I am still waiting on apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Texas Hold'em by Apple (come on Apple, this should be easy). I am also hoping for EA to release their sports titles on the iPad as well.

Anybody else feel that the app selection for the iPad is pretty weak? Are developers afraid to put time and effort behind the iPad?
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

There seems to be quite an increase of the price of iPad apps that are exactly the same as on the iPhone (except for the better graphics). All the app names end with HD. Like "Pocket Weather HD".
    iMore Intermediate

414 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

AS I know, many ipad apps are adapted, some of course are made eapecially, but seems many are games(there even an analytics points that Over One Third Of iPad-Only Apps Are Games (And More Stats)).
    In general, what the most I run into are adapted.