iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

nautikalhorizon

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The issue I have been having (among some of the others previously listed) is that for a while logging into secure websites (secured online accounts) work fine for a little while then it just stops. Acts like a wrong username/or password and just refreshes the page. The only way I have been able to get it working again is to use the RESET ALL SETTINGS option.

awade

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I am having CRAZY battery issues. Never had such a thing before.

My phone is sucking as much power with the screen off and locked as it used to when I was sitting and pounding web pages. It's insane. I've rebooted, followed all the procedures short of reflashing my phone and losing all my data.

I hope this is addressed in this new update that is coming - I've never had anything like this happen before, but it's making my iPhone rather useless when just reading or sending a single text message takes 1% off my battery.

S.Casey

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 3G user here. Yes, I have the same complaints after 'upgrading'(?) to iOS 4. I haven't really noticed batt life that much reduced, but the lag...OMG, the Lag is really frustrating as well as the continuous app crashing. I imagine that the will fix some or most of this with some updates, but I wish I had known. I would not have upgraded. I, too have an iPhone 4 on the way, and am not the least bit unhappy that it will be the third batch out of the manufacturing plant. My hope is that a few of these aforementioned bugs will be well on their way to being addressed by the time mine gets here.
Another thing: Wouldn't it be nice if Apple made it Easy to downgrade to OS 3 once you've already upgraded your
Device, but decided that you didn't want to sacrifice speed for 'folders' and a system-wide 'spell-checker'? It seems a little unnecessary that you have to jump through so many hoops in order to downgrade to the previous OS.
Thoughts?

jolo13

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I live in France, i upgraded my 3Gs to ios4 via itunes and all is well, i have zoom, folders etc...the only problem is i cant use it as a phone! after around 3mins 45secs of every call the phone cuts off and reboots..i have tried everything speaker on/off holding /not holding etc etc but always the same result...a phone that you cant use as a phone is next to useless!

ps. (battery life was improved by stopping apps running in sysytray, double click home then touch one of the apps showing.. a red bar appears and you can delete by touching))

chicago25624

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
On my 3Gs
1. My battery drains in 2 hours.
2. My camera locks up, or fires 4 or 5 times.
3. My calls don't disconnect when I hit the END CALL icon.
4. Several apps will open then close. I may have to open them 2 or 3 times before they stay open.
5. Remote for my iTunes is spotty at best.

How do I revert back to my previous OS? iOS4 SUCKS!!!!!!! Much like the rest of their products

Gezo

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
IOS 4 = Epic Fail.

My whole iPod lags. Even while listening to music, sometimes the song will start lagging.
The worst part is that apps always crash. They freeze, go black, and then just go back to the home menu or the folder.
The internet is very jumpy too
The battery life is very, very bad now. I have to recharge almost every day, and I dont use it all so much.
Considering downgrading. Well, only a matter of time till I do.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a small but annoying problem with my iPhone 4...when I want to type a long dash, I've always taken these steps:

1) press/hold 123 button
2) slide to dash, wait for extra characters to appear
3) slide to long dash, lift finger to insert and return to QWERTY keyboard

Now, more often than not, the extra characters never appear if I "slide" my way to the small dash; they only show if I first switch to the punctuation keyboard by tapping the 123, NOT using the press/hold method.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Just as iPhone OS 3.0 (as it was then known) was made for the 3GS, I believe iOS 4 was made for the 4. While it sucks for owners of older iPhones, it makes users that much more likely that they'll see the upgrade as worth it. It seems to me that Apple's business model kinda follows this pattern of making its own products obsolete (if only slightly so, as is the case for my 4 y.o. MBP).

kalafalas

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the iPhone 4 and I'm getting all sorts of problems, and I didn't restore from a back up. The messages app is buggy to all he'll and unstable to the max, confused at placing the bubbles, in animations and otherwise, like when I pull up the keyboard or even just the app, I find myself force quitting it a lot. The problem gets much worse when I turn on character count. Also, the keyboard is having trouble recognizing the space bar sometimes, and sometimes just skips over keys I pressed. Also, waking it from sleep takes forever sometimes, up to 5 seconds, and sometimes more than one push. Also there is an annoying lag after typing in my passcode. Also, but I might just be imagining this one, my battery fauns much faster if I have orientation lock on. Also, unlike 3.0, it doesn't let me curse anymore, I'm back to saying "shot" and "duck". And everything just feels... Umpolised, not apple stable, there are little tiny problems everywhere that didn't exist in 3.1.3, witch was the most stable since 1.1.4. Apple, please fix these problems, it's like 2.0 all over again.

Last edited:

kalafalas

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
How do I downgrade to 3.1.3?

You need your shsh on file with Cydia, then edit the hosts file for iTunes to use that instead of apple servers, and then find the 3.1.3 ipsw and restore to that, and then use irecovery to get past the baseband downgrade failure, and then use either iTunes or a jailbreak tool to activate. Google it for more step by step instructions, it's everywhere

sharky2006

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
my screen is unresponsive at times and the lock/power button is finicky, and my text message bubbles blend into the status bar on the top for a second when I send a message... anyone experience this?

radical24

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
i have issues connecting to my sound id510 bluetooth. the reception is horrid, even tho i have the latest firmware for the headset. :( it actually freezes my phone. sometimes apps just dissapear and i have to reinstall them.

Andre

May 6, 2009
Visit site
i have a 3g and dont plan on upgrading until the Iphone gets 4g radios but now with the new os. The phone hangs up alot exp if streaming and I get a phone call or email. I really want to go back to ios3.x is there a way to do this? I think the phone lacks the hardware to run the new OS effectively.

Also apps are taking along time to load

Also keyboard is not as responsive i have to wait on the virtual keyboard to catch up to me.

Any advice or can anyone point me to a place in the forums that I can get back to the way it was?

Thanks

Andre

ywirasin

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm really surprised to keep having so many dropped calls. I work in Sunnyvale, smack dab in the middle of silicon valley and we're getting dropped. WHY?!?!??! :) Maybe too much tech in the area mixing up the signals :)

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be a bug in Bluetooth audio for SMS and mail notifications and gps turn instructions (like with navigon and tomtom). When I use my headset for gps instructions, I only get art of the instructions. It's like by the time the phone creates the audio connection with he headset, the instructions are almost or already completed to where I only hear part of it. For SMS and mail alerts, I get nothing as the tone is super short and complete before the headset is connected. Did not used to be a problem for ios 3.1.2.

Thanks,
Alan

I am having the same problem. Basically when I have my BT connected, the message notification sound tries to come through the headset (which is fine with me). I really liked this feature before the updrade. Now, by the time the phone connects with the headset the tone is over. What that means is that if I have my BT turned on and connected, I get no message notification at all, since the phone doesn't make any sound. I hope that any forthcoming updates fix this issue. However, I'm not going to hold my breath.

NannyMac09

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Please help

I have a 64GB iPod Touch and I downloaded the new iTunes update and the new iOSX4. Most of my movies won't work even though I unsynced and resynced and then it took my pictures and threw them into 2 folders and they're all mixed up together. Other than that everything else works great.

BTW, it took me 4.50 hours to download the updates onto my iPod. Is that a record for downloads? All my friends said theirs downloaded in 2 hours or less. :confused:

Zenbones

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a small but annoying problem with my iPhone 4...when I want to type a long dash, I've always taken these steps:

1) press/hold 123 button
2) slide to dash, wait for extra characters to appear
3) slide to long dash, lift finger to insert and return to QWERTY keyboard

Now, more often than not, the extra characters never appear if I "slide" my way to the small dash; they only show if I first switch to the punctuation keyboard by tapping the 123, NOT using the press/hold method.

I have noticed the same annoying quirk. My wife's iphone 4 also will not perform the ol' slide and hold. However, interestingly, after initially performing the "slow" method of a few taps to get to a dash or, say, an ellipses, I am able to perform the quicker slide and hold keyboard feature for the remainder of the time I am typing an email. I wonder-- read as "hope"-- if Apple is aware of this . . .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal