iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

jmpropst

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I went back to quickoffice on the app store. It provided an update and that seems to have cured the problem with the keyboard. But thanks for the insight. I'm glad it wasn't something more complicated.

kvvg

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Updated to 4.
I removed almost everything I could.
Backed up and commenced update.

The update at the 15 minute mark crashed. No error - just a message to restore my phone.

Disconnected - restored - at the end of the restore process got the "unknown error (1161)".

Started restore again. Took 25 minutes and worked.
Issues:
1. Maps - Show Traffic will not load or only partially load
2. Maps - Reloads on Hide Traffic - old version was an overlay.
3. Exchange Server - failed to work with only a "cannot update" error message. - issue solved by resetting 8 character pin code
4. Had several apps "not loaded" due to not compatible with OS4 - had to go through list to figure out what ones
5. Music library - only 2/3 loaded - had to resync to get remainder to load
6. Camera resolution not as good as before - why. When download photos resolution is different.

Will post more as I find them
:cool:
Traffic info / overlay in Google maps missing after the iOS4 update on my iPhone 3GS... any one else having the same problem?

kvvg

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Google maps traffic missing

anyone else having this problem? I don't see the traffic overlay after the iOS4 update on my iPhone 3GS...! :eek:

KurtR

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Compass issues

Had the phone since Wednesday and have noticed the compass is consistently off the mark. Both the compass app itself as well as in the GPS Drive app. It repeatedly asks to be waved in a figure 8 motion to reorient it, but that doesn't really help. Inside, outside, in the car... same results. I've also tried True North and Magnetic North, no change. I can't find any other chatter about this so guessing it's just my phone... guess I'll be visiting the Genius bar.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm noy aware of this feature :( Where was this reported?

It was definitely posted somewhere when they were revelaing some of the pre-release features of iOS 4. Hope they didn't decide to remove it...I thought that was a very useful idea.

billin

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
missing traffic overlay

Traffic info / overlay in Google maps missing after the iOS4 update on my iPhone 3GS... any one else having the same problem?

I had this same issue with my iPhone 3GS after updating to iOS4. A reboot of my phone solved it (i.e. hold down power button for 3 seconds, slide to power off, wait until shutdown completes, then hold power button until you see the Apple logo).

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else seem to have issues with their phone lagging when switching spring board pages and like opening up your email app or txt messaging app? also i seem to feel that my battery drains quicker than before i did the iOS 4 upgrade.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone else seem to have issues with their phone lagging when switching spring board pages and like opening up your email app or txt messaging app? also i seem to feel that my battery drains quicker than before i did the iOS 4 upgrade.

My battery is draining faster. But that may be because I am using it more since I can do mutiple things at once. This morning, I was reading a booking on Kindle while listening to music via bluetooth-in between I was checking email and had a 20 minute phone call. A smidge of web surfing, too. I was at 100% at 8am. By 10 I had dropped to 35%. During that time, I also lost my WiFi connection and had to rejoin my home network-twice.

DVDBob

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has seen this "issue" and whether or not it's as designed...

Listening to Pandora, Phone call comes in, while on call, tried to look up an email, received error message that I can't use data while on the call. 5 Full bars, but 3G symbol gone. Forcibly shut down Pandora and make another call, no problem getting to email.

So it appears that Pandora locks the data connection while on a call. I wonder if other Apps do this or not and if it's supposed to behave that way.

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
I have a significant issue with the proximity sensor on the iPhone 4 (probably related to iOS4) I have hit the mute button with my cheek several times, also when I went to end calls, I'd be on the contact screen bc I would've bumped that too.. Looking forward to a software fix for that.

DurbanJ

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
My battery seems to be draining alot faster on iOS4 - have had to charge twice in less then a day, also a few of my apps arent working the way they used to, especially IM apps, is this maybe because developers havnt updated them?

iSkythe

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Much slower, horrible battery life on 3G. All for what? Folders! I'm not sure it's worth it =/ But I'll be getting my iPhone 4 soon so all problems should be solved ;)

toGeorge

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Pop Email

All went well with my conversion to IOS4 until I tried to send an email. No parameters were changed, but I keep getting "The sender address email address was rejected by the server.

This does not happen with other email accounts on the same server.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2