iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

ro10910

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
ios 4 on 3gs bugs

i lost my data connection entirely but mobileme worked fine, i try reset, restore, deleting google apps but did not work. i had to restore as a new iphone and manuel re-install everything and now it works. except for my contact with sync with google are on my phone one minute and next not.
Love apple and hope they fix soon will be most disappointed if my iphone 4 has this bugs.

junovela

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
My update on my 3G was a nightmare. It took over 2+ hours and basically wiped my phone clean. Then it restored it from backup - but it erased all my custom contact data (like ringtones, pictures, etc.), it erased my calendar, and it reset all my games (I'll have to beat PvZ again!).

However, once I fixed what of that I could - I did the best I could, considering there is a high likelihood that my iPhone 4 will arrive tomorrow - I did notice that my 3G was way faster, I love the foldering options and the fact that it now easily syncs with my Google calendar means I should no longer have to deal with not having a decent calendar backup.

If someone could answer this though: when iTunes backs up your iPhone and then it restores it from a backup, what the heck is it restoring? (I.e., mine did not restore my calendar, my lock screen wallpaper, my saved games, etc.)

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Bluetooth Bug:

While using the ipod application with a BT with A2DP, then receive a phone call, but utilize the phone to talk on the phone, THEN the BT refuses to reconnect after you END the call..

how to fix: you need to reset the BT. this is a pain in the butt for my CAR, because to reset the BT in the car, you need to cycle the car power... it ought to be interesting while driving on the highway :)

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded my 3G to iOS 4 and have a couple of questions:

(1) There are supposedly new features in the Photos app, including different ways to sort and view your photos. I don't see any differences. I have a ton of photos in my "Camera Roll," but I do not sync with any desktop programs or folders. Is this why I don't see any difference in my Photos app, or am I missing something?

(2) I know that Game Center isn't being incorporated until end of summer, but many people claim to have the icon. I do not have a Game Center icon. Did it not install properly, or is this normal?

(3) Now that we can have more than 1 Exchange account, I deleted my Gmail IMAP account and added it through Exchange so that I could use Push. However, now my "labels" do not appear as folders on the iPhone, precluding me from labeling emails on my iPhone. Is this only available through IMAP, or did I miss a setting somewhere? Anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

jmoo2

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
GadgetGuru72...

1. New "Places" tab in photos only available if you geo-tagged ur photos. The new "Events" & "Faces" tab only available if u sync via iPhoto on a Mac.
2. U shouldn't have an icon.
3. I have the same problem.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
GadgetGuru72...

1. New "Places" tab in photos only available if you geo-tagged ur photos. The new "Events" & "Faces" tab only available if u sync via iPhoto on a Mac.
2. U shouldn't have an icon.
3. I have the same problem.

Thanks for the info re: the Photos. "Places" is now working, as it should.

On #3, do you know if this is a by-product of the Exchange sync, or is this a bug? In other words, is it *supposed* to sync labels as folders through Exchange, or is that an IMAP-only feature?

jmoo2

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
GadgetGuru72...

Not sure if it was a co-incidence or not but just unchecked all my IMAP folders in gMail, waiting a few minutes, checked them on again, and it started working on my iPhone.

James

disflipissofresh

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Lag a bit

Anyone else having a lag when you unlock the phone with the 4 numbers? usually when you hit the last digit it opens but it stop for like a mili seconds then unlock?

JoeMotive

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iPhone version 4.0

I just updated my iPhone to version 4.0 and now some of my music apps aren't working correctly. They load fine but no sound is coming from it :(

gpmalgapo

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
SMS searching bug

Hello everyone.

Anyone of you noticed the SMS searching bug or limitation? The SMS search function can only search words which are in the most recent page of the SMS conversation. It does not searches words which are in the SMS page older than the first page (that is those that only appear when you click "load earlier messages").

Thank you for your feedback.

Hickory Shampoo#IM

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
On my 3Gs, I noticed yesterday that when I'm in the Search page of the App Store, the backspace button is INOP. If I botch the spelling on a search, I have to blank-out the whole entry with the Clear button.

broxman

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
battery ran down

Anybody else notice their battery running down when they don't think anything is running. My upgrade on my 16 GB 3GS went well yesterday and everything seems to be working as it should. It was never jailbroken.

I left it laying on my table last night with about 48% battery remaining. This morning it was at 7%. The phone wasn't on ( I had my SIM in my other phone as usual ), and nothing was running that I was aware of.

Was Steve right that we can't depend on background processes not sapping the battery? Anybody know what app may be the culprit? I have many apps installed and tried a lot of them yesterday to see if they still worked.

I've never had any mysterious battery rundown issues with my iPhone before. I've had them with my Palm OS phones in the past and they tend to be hard to diagnose. Only some tips on TreoCentral helped me discover them.

nico

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Some apps I had didn't work with the new iOS.
I removed and then re-installed them and they worked! Not a big issue but it was annoying!

Another thing, I don't think is a bug anyway, the multitask doesn't work.. it's not a real multitask.. you can't use (for instance) a podcast app while using a news one.. Isn't that awesome as I thought is were going to be!

neilmitch

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
3GS not Charging when switched off (with iOS4)

The title says it all. I noticed on Mac Rumors that some others are having a similar problem. The 3GS with iOS4 charges fine when "on" but when switched off, but plugged in, does not charge.

Neil

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else notice their battery running down when they don't think anything is running. My upgrade on my 16 GB 3GS went well yesterday and everything seems to be working as it should. It was never jailbroken.

I have not seen that at all, in fact mine has actually gotten better battery life. I can't imagine what would drain it like that.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Go to gmail -> Settings -> Labels.

On the right you'll see a checkbox next to each label "Show in IMAP"

James

Thanks. Oddly, the folders for each of my labels were present on my iPhone this morning. I didn't change anything or do anything, they were just there. I don't know why it would have taken more than a day for those folders to sync, but they are there now ... and that's all that really matters I guess. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods