iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
In Yahoo Messenger, there are 4 rows of keys when entering a message.
In portrait mode, that's what I have.
But, when I switch to landscape, the bottom row goes awol. No space bar, alpha characters, or send button.

MDPuckett84

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere else, some of you were mentioning Google issues:

Not synced since iOS4 update - Google Mobile Help

Thanks for all the reports. Unfortunately, Google Sync has been undergoing an unplanned maintenance this afternoon, and we have been working to fully restore the service. This has affected Gmail, Calendar, and contacts sync on all devices today since 10am, PST. Our primary focus is to get the service 100% stable again for all devices, and we're concurrently running tests on iOS4 specifically to troubleshoot any particular issues with the upgrade.

Again, we appreciate your patience as we work to improve Google Sync.
Robin

jsc315

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
In Yahoo Messenger, there are 4 rows of keys when entering a message.
In portrait mode, that's what I have.
But, when I switch to landscape, the bottom row goes awol. No space bar, alpha characters, or send button.

I have the same problem with ebuddy as well.

Anyone else who have a ipod touch 2nd Gen have any wifi problems? Wifi was working perfectly before the iOS4 update and now it constantly is dropping in my own home when previously this was never an issue. web pages will load a lot slower and stutter now and my connection never is stable when previously It never dropped at all!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
After installing iOS 4 on my 3Gs, I lost the capability to send MMS messages. I thought that maybe the MMS option had been turned off in settings. I checked and the option is gone entirely. I restored my phone and reinstalled the new OS, but still have no MMS capabilities. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Just tested mine and it's working fine

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
3G 3.1.3 non JB 16GB

- Backed up under iTunes 9.2.
- Downloaded iOS4
- Applied update - Error 3002
- Googled Error 3002
- Did restore from iOS4 firmware rather than update. No probs.
- Resynching Apps, contacts and Music as I type.

So far so good. Will post any problems.

Steve.

ramazz

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
update hung for 5 hours with no apparent progress. Now restore won't even work, just gives me error 21. I've tried updating from multiple user accounts on same pc as well as from a fresh pc with no resolution. seems I have a bricked iphone 3gs at the moment.

anyone else run into this and if so how did you fix other than sending back for replacement?

irsyadtmnazri

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
so far only one thing i noticed... when sync-ing my pic from my iPhoto.... it shows error by saying the required file is missing... though when i sync from other than iPhoto... its ok... i'm lost here... i tried resyncing.. but no work... =(

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Finished iOS 4.0 restore (3G 16GB)

Well, it's all done and I've no problems to report. All my music and contacts are back, as are my Notes. Wifi is connected and synching with Google is fine. I've reorganised my apps into folders, and I'm pretty happy with 4.0 all things considered.

I'll probably jailbreak to activate custom wallpaper and multi-tasking, but that's for another post.

Steve

discosrule

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Looks like the google notes sync, is only one way!? iphone to gmail.

Does anyone know what the "Linked Cards" field is when creating/editing a contact !?

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
So far the only problem I have had is aforementioned keyboard error with Yahoo Messenger but that seems to be an app problem. update download only took about 3 mins to download, and probably another 10 to install, all in all a smooth process as I would expect....and by the way i have about 1gb free on my 32gb 3GS

DurbanJ

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm from South Africa, just finished updating to the new iOS4 on my 3gs, but now whenever i try connecting to the net it gives the error message "could not activate cellular data network - you are not subscribed to a cellular data service" any ideas on what is wrong? it was working before i updated

ERRORCODE616

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
2 bugs to note, both pertaining to the actual phone "app" on my 3GS, after installing iOS4.

1) (This happens intermittently) When I receive a call or go to check my voicemail, for some reason the screen goes blank and until the other person hangs up or the voicemail ends (or sometimes when i mash on the sleep button), I can't access the rest of the phone. The call/voicemail runs fine, it just disables the entire phone otherwise.

2) I entered into the Clock app (not sure if it pertains specifically to the clock app) and the green "Press to return to call" bar appeared at the top and the call timer was rapidly cycling random numbers. Note that I was not even remotely in a call at the time. And when i exited the app, the bar disappeared.

Has anyone else experienced anything like these two occurences?

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
in the app tab in iTune i was seeing apps stacked while i was trying to move them around. this happen to anyone else?

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Well the google sync servers seem to be catching up...I've got all my contacts and calendar data, now I"m just waiting for the inbox to catch up. Now that all that is working I can enjoy the update ;-) . This looks really nice, I'm glad I did it.

Haven't noticed any bugs yet, but haven't spent a terrible amount of time playing with it. One thing that was mentioned above, that I agree with, it would be nice if you could close out a program without having to go into the switcher bar. Nothing seems to close on it's own. Maybe in a release down the road.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I have no Internet, 3G and Edge don't work on my 3GS. So, I guess i have to do a fresh restore. Anyway to get all my texts messages back on the phone or are those gone too?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2