iOS 4 Issues and Bugs

CyKo#CB

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
To bypass the long backup:

Download the iOS 4.0 from iTunes. Backup the iphone manually. Then shift and click restore instead of update. Browse to username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates and restore from that file. After iTunes has installed the OS...instead of setting up as a new phone just restore from a previous backup. This should not take more then 20 minutes to complete and its much quicker then waiting for the backup using the update option.

evollime23

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
there's definitely a bug on mine don't know if its on any of yours but, my phone shows that i have no songs unless i go t my playlist and the songs are there. but when going to settings>general> about, songs shows 0. whats up with that?

Jkelly89

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm having an issue with my service after updating my edge and 3G do not work I can't search anything or even use Internet only text and call work. Only after I use wi-fi can I do everything can anyone help?

geridh

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I no longer have Visual Voicemail. Touching the voicemail tab dials the old-style non-iPhone voicemail.

Mine was the same. I called voicemail, listened to an old message and hung up. It popped up a window requesting my passcode. Entered it and went back into VM and back to visual vm now

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a substitute for the double click to favorites function we LOST.....

I had hoped we might see speed dial from the phone pad like a REAL phone...

I think I read somewhere else this morning. that you now have to double click and then hold to get the favorites.

dkunzman

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
3G 8gb iPhone

I tried this on my backup phone first.
Several issues.

1. Yahoo mail sync not working correctly - reinstalled but problem still exists.
2. In order to update OS, had to remove a lot of songs/apps. With everything on board was erroring out. Minimized songs/apps - updated with no problem. Same issue reported for 3.x updates
3. WiFi cutting out repeatedly. After remove and reinstall wifi data and access codes working okay.
4. Most photos messed up - pixelated. Deleted and reinstall fixed issue.
5. Had to reinstall DocsToGo - failed to resync with exchange mailbox.
6. Camera takes a lot longer to load
7. CAmera click soung delayed till after shutter
8. Camera photo resolution lower
9. Google Maps - clicking Hide Traffic reloads maps
10. Kindle takes much longer to load
11. Setting: Settings in this area for a number of apps have disappeared - reloading app fixes for a couple I have tried
12. Zoom feature is sloowwww in both Maps
13. Zoom feature slow in Safari
14. Double tap in safari will either scroll or zoom in/out - double tapping in same spot can get both reactions
15. Hourly email push (yahoo) results in listing of 24 unread emails but - 4 have content, the other 20 are blank with no content.

more to come

Last edited:

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I had no problems with the OS 4.0 download/update on my 3GS. I was also Jailbroken on OS 3.1.3 and did NOT bother to do anything with that. Everything was RESTORED, i.e. all email accounts, Notes, photos, videos, and every last setting.

I like the fact that there is a character count for texting that you can turn on now.

Hope that helps someone jailbroken and on the fence as to whether or not they should upgrade.

stam

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
To bypass the long backup:

Download the iOS 4.0 from iTunes. Backup the iphone manually. Then shift and click restore instead of update. Browse to username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates and restore from that file. After iTunes has installed the OS...instead of setting up as a new phone just restore from a previous backup. This should not take more then 20 minutes to complete and its much quicker then waiting for the backup using the update option.
I keep getting stuck on the backup stage as well, even though i backed up my iphone (3g) yesterday. I attempted to do this manually but am unable to locate that file - when doing a computer search i found it easily but i cannot locate the file after shift clicking restore. anyone?

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I wonder if the gmail issues are possibly unrelated to iOS4. I am running 3.1.3 on a 3gs and I am having gmail exchange issues where it is not showing all emails that are in the inbox, as well as not moving deleted messages to the trash.
I plan to update later tonight.

tomuk

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just installed iOS 4 and my Yahoo calendar didn't sync appointments using CalDav properly, however in the calendar settings if you change the 'Sync' setting from 'All Events' to 'Events 6 Months Back', it works fine, but stops again if you change it back to 'All Events'.

matriculous

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Ugh - "could not update: error 037"

Okay, so I was so excited getting home from work today so immediately plugged in to update.
But I got about 10 minutes into the iPhone update and received the error message "iPhone could not be upgraded. an unknown error occurred (37)". Then I received the message that the iPhone was in recovery mode, and had to be restored before updating. I've now tried that 3 times and am getting "iPhone could not be recovered. an unknown error occurred (37)".

Boo.

jbc#IM

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Took nearly 3 hours to complete my 16GB 3G update, but everything seems to be working fine now that it's done. My advice is to be patient. Took about 15 minutes for the download, then 1 hr 20 mins for the backup (progress bar only showed 1/8 complete for nearly the entire time); 15-20 mins to install iOS4, then the remaining time to restore all of my apps, music files, etc. The only issue that I know of is that my icons were re-arranged, so I had to move them back into position. All else is working fine, so far.

dkunzman

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Big Orange Blob

Hmm it is just SO great! None of my apps transferred over and I now have 2.48GB labeled "other" that I cannot access for storage. Magical!

Update:
After moving all of my apps back over to my device manually they have been synced. The "other" partition has also decreased on it's own, I'd say that's definitely a bug worth looking into. I almost had a heart attack. Other than that the update is looking fairly clean, definitely better than the GM, even though they are apparently the same. On another note, iBooks seems a bit laggy on the iPod touch 2g, most likely a hardware restraint.

Updating my sons 3G and have the same issue - big orange blob of Other.
Am resyncing to see if this solves the "Other" issue.

Note - just finished resync - apps look normal now. WIll post additional bugs as I find them.

Total time for update plus resync: 1 hour 10 minutes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73