- 06-22-2010, 01:52 PM #201
- 06-22-2010, 01:59 PM #202
- 06-22-2010, 02:02 PM #203
- 06-22-2010, 02:06 PM #204
I updated in about 20 minutes, no issues at all. Only bug I see so far:
In ebuddy, when you try to type in landscape mode, the keyboard is missing the bottom row, and is off to the left. It could be something the ebuddy developers need to fix, or perhaps an OS problem. Not sure.
3GS 3.1.3 -> 4.0
- 06-22-2010, 02:24 PM #205
- 06-22-2010, 02:47 PM #206
- 06-22-2010, 03:12 PM #207iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
iPhone 3GS, 3.1.3 -> 4.0
I had my Google Apps ActiveSync/Exchange account contacts/calendar disappear, but they eventually came back. I am pretty sure there were some issues with Google yesterday.
The only real "bug" I feel like I've found is that the shift key on the keyboard doesn't seem to respond quite fast enough anymore.
I am a pretty fast typer, and often when I need to type a couple capital letters in a row, I don't do shift-lock, but instead hit shift and then the letter, then shift and the next letter (like if I was doing 'OS').
However, that doesn't work anymore because the shift doesn't register fast enough before hitting the key. You can probably recreate it yourself. Instead, I get all lowercase letters. I have to hit shift, then hesitate for a moment and then hit the letter to get a capital letter.
- 06-22-2010, 03:26 PM #208
There's a thread at the apple support forums in which I posted this as well, but basically for me at least, a hard-reset fixed the problem (holding power and home buttons both down for 5-10 seconds).
I'd post a link, but my post count isn't high enough. Hope this helps anyone else with this problem.
Also, for what it's worth, my GMail Push through Exchange seems to be back up and working again, so it looks like Google got their exchange servers straightened out.
- 06-22-2010, 04:25 PM #209
Lost "Phone" icon; came back after restart.
I un-jailbroke my 3GS and upgraded to iOS4. Went without a hitch and took less than an hour. But when phone became active again the "Phone" icon -- to make phone calls -- was gone! So weird. Did a reboot and *poof* there it was on the last page of apps. Phew!
Curious if anyone else lost a stock icon?
- 06-22-2010, 05:15 PM #210
- 06-22-2010, 05:18 PM #211
- 06-22-2010, 05:19 PM #212
Everything's good here, except for the previously loaded pictures (besides my camera roll) getting very crappy resolutions and being very pixelated. Other than that, smooth sailing here...
One question though, what happened to the file sharing thing? Am I missing something or is it just no longer there?
- 06-22-2010, 06:13 PM #213
- 06-22-2010, 06:35 PM #214
- 06-22-2010, 06:52 PM #215iMore Beginner
- 82 Posts
Music Player On Sleep Mode
I noticed that when listening to music and the phone goes to sleep(when screen shuts off) then when you trying to change the song or whatever to make the music thing pop up, it don't. You can't double click to make the music pop up on sleep mode, you need to wake it up first then double click to show.
Anyone else having the same problem?
- 06-22-2010, 06:55 PM #216
- 06-22-2010, 07:04 PM #217
- 06-22-2010, 07:21 PM #218
- 06-22-2010, 07:26 PM #219
- 06-22-2010, 08:34 PM #220
- 06-22-2010, 09:04 PM #221iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
ios 4 on 3gs bugs
i lost my data connection entirely but mobileme worked fine, i try reset, restore, deleting google apps but did not work. i had to restore as a new iphone and manuel re-install everything and now it works. except for my contact with sync with google are on my phone one minute and next not.
Love apple and hope they fix soon will be most disappointed if my iphone 4 has this bugs.
- 06-22-2010, 09:07 PM #222iPhone Newbie
- 15 Posts
My update on my 3G was a nightmare. It took over 2+ hours and basically wiped my phone clean. Then it restored it from backup - but it erased all my custom contact data (like ringtones, pictures, etc.), it erased my calendar, and it reset all my games (I'll have to beat PvZ again!).
However, once I fixed what of that I could - I did the best I could, considering there is a high likelihood that my iPhone 4 will arrive tomorrow - I did notice that my 3G was way faster, I love the foldering options and the fact that it now easily syncs with my Google calendar means I should no longer have to deal with not having a decent calendar backup.
If someone could answer this though: when iTunes backs up your iPhone and then it restores it from a backup, what the heck is it restoring? (I.e., mine did not restore my calendar, my lock screen wallpaper, my saved games, etc.)
- 06-22-2010, 09:08 PM #223
While using the ipod application with a BT with A2DP, then receive a phone call, but utilize the phone to talk on the phone, THEN the BT refuses to reconnect after you END the call..
how to fix: you need to reset the BT. this is a pain in the butt for my CAR, because to reset the BT in the car, you need to cycle the car power... it ought to be interesting while driving on the highway
- 06-22-2010, 10:30 PM #224iPhone Intermediate
- 138 Posts
I upgraded my 3G to iOS 4 and have a couple of questions:
(1) There are supposedly new features in the Photos app, including different ways to sort and view your photos. I don't see any differences. I have a ton of photos in my "Camera Roll," but I do not sync with any desktop programs or folders. Is this why I don't see any difference in my Photos app, or am I missing something?
(2) I know that Game Center isn't being incorporated until end of summer, but many people claim to have the icon. I do not have a Game Center icon. Did it not install properly, or is this normal?
(3) Now that we can have more than 1 Exchange account, I deleted my Gmail IMAP account and added it through Exchange so that I could use Push. However, now my "labels" do not appear as folders on the iPhone, precluding me from labeling emails on my iPhone. Is this only available through IMAP, or did I miss a setting somewhere? Anybody know?
Thanks in advance.
- 06-22-2010, 11:27 PM #225