- 06-22-2010, 07:54 AM #151
- 06-22-2010, 07:57 AM #152
I have noticed the same issues. The calendars are not being synced at all the right way. Could be a gmail issue but i doubt the timing of it.
Besides that, I have not noticed too much. I have gone through pretty much every app and tried every new feature. I like it. I have noticed a couple of my games have crashed a few times, but could be resulting in memory issues when having too much running. Will keep testing...
- 06-22-2010, 08:04 AM #153
I have had relatively minor issues compared to others:
1. So far only one app doesn't launch (iCup2010); it'll start, but about 3-5s into the load sequence it shuts down. In 3.1.3 it worked fine.
2. One app (Lexeme) has some weird orientation issues (again, not present in 3.1.3). When loaded from portrait mode, the status bar (the thing at top with clock, battery, whatever... not sure of its proper name) appears at the bottom, upside down. Meanwhile, the rest of the app loads normally, complete with a grey space at the top for the status bar. (The bar covers part of the app at the bottom.) Rotating the iPhone and then returning it to portrait resolves this though.
3. iBooks works for me, except that when I load the store I can only see free books from Gutenberg. When I click "Featured" it gives me a "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" error.
Otherwise, it runs smoothly. One other minor change I noticed (a good thing, for me) was that my bluetooth headset now plays my ringtones in the earbud instead of the headset's default tone sequence for an incoming call.
- 06-22-2010, 08:07 AM #154
- 06-22-2010, 08:09 AM #155
- 06-22-2010, 08:12 AM #156
- 06-22-2010, 08:19 AM #157
My bugs so far
My bugs so far:
- It won't stream 3gp anymore?! Is anyone else having this issue?
- Ever since I upgraded, I can't do a backup. I did a full restore, and it still doesn't work. I keep getting the message "iTunes could not back up the iPhone 'my Phone' because an error occurred."
- Spent 30 minutes organizing icons into folders in iTunes. Told iTunes to sync, and it sync'ed the apps, but not the folders. Had to start over from scratch. This has happened *twice* so far.
Overall, I'm happy with it but the bugs are annoying.
- 06-22-2010, 08:21 AM #158
- 06-22-2010, 08:35 AM #159iPhone Nanite
- 6 Posts
Update, Mms,3g,edge. Commectivity Issues Resolved.
I don't know how many times each of u may sync your phone but if u do it frequently GREAT! I solved all of my issues by restoring the phone from a much earlier back up. Instead of using your two most recent backups try one from an earlier date when u get to the screen that asks u to restore as new phone or from a back click the down arrow ad select your favorable date. And presto. U should b on your way to a working phone and iOS4 with no issues and also tethering
- 06-22-2010, 08:37 AM #160
- 06-22-2010, 08:44 AM #161
- 06-22-2010, 09:01 AM #162
iOS 4 breaks USB-to-Car Audio connection.
I have a Pioneer DEH-P5100UB that has worked flawlessly with iPhone 3G running 2.2.1 and with iPhone 3GS running 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.1, & 3.1.2. Yesterday, I upgraded to iOS 4. Now, I get "Not Compatible" or "Error - 19"(connection error). I did a bit of research and it seems that this is happening to both Kenwood and Pioneer units, maybe others as well.
Now, I am stuck listening to radio. WTH? Thanks, Apple!
- 06-22-2010, 09:04 AM #163
- 06-22-2010, 09:11 AM #164
- 06-22-2010, 09:11 AM #165
Anybody notice the updated Dragon dictation bug?
When you edit with the key board you lose the ability to the short cut to e-mail, text message or copy to clipboard, as well as the red button to add more dictation to the message. (photo)
- 06-22-2010, 09:13 AM #166
- 06-22-2010, 09:13 AM #167
The manual says this:
CAUSE: "The USB storage device connected to is not supported by this unit."
ACTION: "Connect a USB storage device that is USB Mass Storage Class compliannt."
So, did iOS4 somehow change the way the iPhone 3Gs reports its Mass Storage Class? I sure wish they'd fix this. I own two of these Pioneer units and now they're both not working properly!! Curse you APPLE!
- 06-22-2010, 09:15 AM #168
- 06-22-2010, 09:40 AM #169
I found a post on the Apple Forums...someone suggested a hard reset...
I reset my phone (hold both buttons down until the phone goes off), and hooked it to my Pioneer head unit, and it works now. Seems strange...but I'll take it.
...as it relates to the Pioneer & Kenwood units not recognizing the device after the iOS4 upgrade....
- 06-22-2010, 09:44 AM #170
Does iBooks do PDFs?
Maybe a bug.....maybe not
I have sent several PDFs to my email, but when I click on them, isn't iBooks supposed to load them up? I get no joy. I hope someone can give a detailed description of how they got a PDF from email to iBooks
- 06-22-2010, 09:46 AM #171
- 06-22-2010, 09:52 AM #172
- 06-22-2010, 09:59 AM #173
- 06-22-2010, 10:12 AM #174
- 06-22-2010, 10:12 AM #175