- 06-21-2010, 11:50 PM #126
3G 3.1.3 non JB 16GB
- Backed up under iTunes 9.2.
- Downloaded iOS4
- Applied update - Error 3002
- Googled Error 3002
- Did restore from iOS4 firmware rather than update. No probs.
- Resynching Apps, contacts and Music as I type.
So far so good. Will post any problems.
- 06-22-2010, 12:42 AM #127
- 06-22-2010, 12:44 AM #128
update hung for 5 hours with no apparent progress. Now restore won't even work, just gives me error 21. I've tried updating from multiple user accounts on same pc as well as from a fresh pc with no resolution. seems I have a bricked iphone 3gs at the moment.
anyone else run into this and if so how did you fix other than sending back for replacement?
- 06-22-2010, 12:58 AM #129
- 06-22-2010, 01:14 AM #130
Finished iOS 4.0 restore (3G 16GB)
Well, it's all done and I've no problems to report. All my music and contacts are back, as are my Notes. Wifi is connected and synching with Google is fine. I've reorganised my apps into folders, and I'm pretty happy with 4.0 all things considered.
I'll probably jailbreak to activate custom wallpaper and multi-tasking, but that's for another post.
- 06-22-2010, 01:14 AM #131
- 06-22-2010, 01:33 AM #132
So far the only problem I have had is aforementioned keyboard error with Yahoo Messenger but that seems to be an app problem. update download only took about 3 mins to download, and probably another 10 to install, all in all a smooth process as I would expect....and by the way i have about 1gb free on my 32gb 3GS
- 06-22-2010, 03:41 AM #133iPhone Nanite
- 4 Posts
Hi, I'm from South Africa, just finished updating to the new iOS4 on my 3gs, but now whenever i try connecting to the net it gives the error message "could not activate cellular data network - you are not subscribed to a cellular data service" any ideas on what is wrong? it was working before i updated
- 06-22-2010, 04:09 AM #134
- 06-22-2010, 04:43 AM #135iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
2 bugs to note, both pertaining to the actual phone "app" on my 3GS, after installing iOS4.
1) (This happens intermittently) When I receive a call or go to check my voicemail, for some reason the screen goes blank and until the other person hangs up or the voicemail ends (or sometimes when i mash on the sleep button), I can't access the rest of the phone. The call/voicemail runs fine, it just disables the entire phone otherwise.
2) I entered into the Clock app (not sure if it pertains specifically to the clock app) and the green "Press to return to call" bar appeared at the top and the call timer was rapidly cycling random numbers. Note that I was not even remotely in a call at the time. And when i exited the app, the bar disappeared.
Has anyone else experienced anything like these two occurences?
- 06-22-2010, 04:48 AM #136
- 06-22-2010, 05:11 AM #137
- 06-22-2010, 05:47 AM #138
Well the google sync servers seem to be catching up...I've got all my contacts and calendar data, now I"m just waiting for the inbox to catch up. Now that all that is working I can enjoy the update ;-) . This looks really nice, I'm glad I did it.
Haven't noticed any bugs yet, but haven't spent a terrible amount of time playing with it. One thing that was mentioned above, that I agree with, it would be nice if you could close out a program without having to go into the switcher bar. Nothing seems to close on it's own. Maybe in a release down the road.
- 06-22-2010, 06:21 AM #139
- 06-22-2010, 06:42 AM #140
- 06-22-2010, 06:44 AM #141
- 06-22-2010, 07:14 AM #142
- 06-22-2010, 07:17 AM #143iMore Nanite
- 4 Posts
I updated my iPhone 3G 8g and I have not noticed any bugs or issues. For the first couple of minutes after install completed, there was a bit of a lag. However, after that, my phone worked perfectly. Honestly, it's actually faster with texting, opening different apps and surfing the web. With all things considered tho, I'm still picking up my iPhone 4 on Thursday.
- 06-22-2010, 07:20 AM #144
- 06-22-2010, 07:22 AM #145
- 06-22-2010, 07:24 AM #146
- 06-22-2010, 07:25 AM #147iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Several small annoyances (3GS)
These are the bugs I've so far discovered with my 3GS (locked, not jailbroken). The update itseld went flawlessly, but this first version of iOS 4 just does not appear mature or stable.
- if you change the timezone, the List View of the Calendar gets corrupted (events show under completely wrong dates), needed to turn sync off and then on again
- the Camera has frozen once, needed to force quit the phone
- the Bluetooth suddenly lost all connections, had to force quit the phone and re-pair everything
- the WiFi is not automatically started after a shut down
- if you scroll to the "next 25" in the AppStore and click on an App, the back-arrow gets you to the beginning of the list, not where you where (this bug existed earlier but was fixed in 3.1.3)
- the phone seems occassionally sluggish, stops to "think" for a couple of seconds
- 06-22-2010, 07:34 AM #148iPhone Beginner
- 51 Posts
1st restore. I upgraded yesterday from a jailbroken 3.1.3. After the upgrade went smooth, I restored from a backup and half way through it said it couldn't add my 16+gb of music b/c there was only 1.82gb free... but the bar at the bottom showed 25gb free. Don't know what happened there but it failed miserably if I tried to sync again... errors similar to "device full" or "internal error".
2nd restore. Worked fine again and I restored from a different backup. When it tried to sync my Apps it gave an error something along the lines of "Internal device error" and shut off. Fail again.
3rd restore. Everything worked well and restored from a backup just fine... but like stated above from smileyboy - no data... Edge or 3G. Reset network settings multiple times, tried everything I could think of to no avail.
4th restore. Restored from DFU mode this time. Restore worked fine and set up as a new iPhone. Everything worked fantastic - including Edge & 3G. In order to troubleshoot (and b/c I was curious) - I wanted to see if it was truly DFU mode that fixed it or if it was my backup that was corrupt from the start. So I chose to restore from a previous backup and now the phone has no data again. It will work on wifi though.
So. After many hours of frustration I've come to the conclusion that it was most definitely was some sort of corruption in the backup file itself. Possibly due to the jailbreak corrupting the backup somehow?
With that said, I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about "starting over" on a clean restore tonight. I currently do not sync contacts but I'm thinking the easiest would be to sync via Google Sync for contacts and then manually install my apps. The only app that has data that I DO NOT want to lose is 1Password - but I've backed that up (a few times, lol).
What about text messages? I've literally got years of texts from maybe 30 people that I'd prefer to not lose. I'll have to Google a solution for that but if anyone has ideas, please let me know!
I can say, after using 4.0 intermittently, it runs 100% smoother than 3.1.x did on my 3GS. I'm impressed again. If it's running this well on my 3GS I seriously cannot wait to see how the iPhone 4 will handle it.
Thanks for reading my rant and please feel free to chime in with any ideas!
- 06-22-2010, 07:44 AM #149iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Mail App: When clicking on an e-mail attachment with the file extension ".html", the file opens as a text file rather than an HTML file.
The attachment file is a valid HTML document - validated by validator.w3.org.
Clicking/holding on the attachment only offers "Quick Look" and "Cancel" as an option (and Quick Look is the text-only view).
In 3.1.3, clicking on an .html attachment would open the attachment in Safari as a web page.
Send the same attachment file with the extension ".htm" and Mail opens the attachment in Safari.
- 06-22-2010, 07:50 AM #150