- 06-21-2010, 02:39 PM #26
I got a pop up that said "an error occurred while restoring this iPhone (-34)"
No music or pictures went back to my 3G. Just did a sync and it didn't help. On to the restore path now wish me luck.
UPDATE: I noticed that my sync checked songs was not checked, when I looked at apps the sync apps on top wasn't checked either. I'm going through all of these settings in iTunes and will re-sync.
Last edited by photojojo; 06-21-2010 at 02:43 PM.
- 06-21-2010, 02:40 PM #27
- 06-21-2010, 02:48 PM #28
- 06-21-2010, 02:50 PM #29
I have an exchange account, but can't seem to get Google push to work using these instructions. Anyone else having this issue? This was a feature I really wanted out of iOS 4.
Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help
- 06-21-2010, 02:54 PM #30
- 06-21-2010, 02:55 PM #31
@BROWNIE having the same problem with my wife's phone. she backed the phone a couple of days go. so it wont let me skip the back up process. Funny thing is I skipped the back up on my phone and i got it downloaded with no problem and that was at 10:14am. this is on 3g
- 06-21-2010, 02:56 PM #32
- 06-21-2010, 02:57 PM #33
- 06-21-2010, 03:08 PM #34
- 06-21-2010, 03:08 PM #35
- 06-21-2010, 03:13 PM #36
- 06-21-2010, 03:17 PM #37
- 06-21-2010, 03:21 PM #38iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
The iPhone is obeying the settings in your Google Apps domain management setup. If you don't have the Premier edition (aka $50/user), you are stuck with those default settings. The Standard edition won't let you change them.
Note: I am also a Standard edition user/admin and thus have not tested the settings in Premier. YMMV.
- 06-21-2010, 03:24 PM #39
- 06-21-2010, 03:25 PM #40
- 06-21-2010, 03:27 PM #41
- 06-21-2010, 03:28 PM #42
To bypass the long backup:
Download the iOS 4.0 from iTunes. Backup the iphone manually. Then shift and click restore instead of update. Browse to username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates and restore from that file. After iTunes has installed the OS...instead of setting up as a new phone just restore from a previous backup. This should not take more then 20 minutes to complete and its much quicker then waiting for the backup using the update option.
- 06-21-2010, 03:29 PM #43
- 06-21-2010, 03:30 PM #44
- 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM #45
- 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM #46
- 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM #47
- 06-21-2010, 03:39 PM #48
- 06-21-2010, 03:42 PM #49
- 06-21-2010, 03:46 PM #50
3G 8gb iPhone
I tried this on my backup phone first.
1. Yahoo mail sync not working correctly - reinstalled but problem still exists.
2. In order to update OS, had to remove a lot of songs/apps. With everything on board was erroring out. Minimized songs/apps - updated with no problem. Same issue reported for 3.x updates
3. WiFi cutting out repeatedly. After remove and reinstall wifi data and access codes working okay.
4. Most photos messed up - pixelated. Deleted and reinstall fixed issue.
5. Had to reinstall DocsToGo - failed to resync with exchange mailbox.
6. Camera takes a lot longer to load
7. CAmera click soung delayed till after shutter
8. Camera photo resolution lower
9. Google Maps - clicking Hide Traffic reloads maps
10. Kindle takes much longer to load
11. Setting: Settings in this area for a number of apps have disappeared - reloading app fixes for a couple I have tried
12. Zoom feature is sloowwww in both Maps
13. Zoom feature slow in Safari
14. Double tap in safari will either scroll or zoom in/out - double tapping in same spot can get both reactions
15. Hourly email push (yahoo) results in listing of 24 unread emails but - 4 have content, the other 20 are blank with no content.
more to come
Last edited by dkunzman; 06-21-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: update