- 06-22-2010, 11:45 PM #226
- 06-23-2010, 12:03 AM #227
- 06-23-2010, 12:07 AM #228
- 06-23-2010, 12:46 AM #229
- 06-23-2010, 01:08 AM #230
- 06-23-2010, 01:16 AM #231
- 06-23-2010, 05:21 AM #232
SMS searching bug
Anyone of you noticed the SMS searching bug or limitation? The SMS search function can only search words which are in the most recent page of the SMS conversation. It does not searches words which are in the SMS page older than the first page (that is those that only appear when you click "load earlier messages").
Thank you for your feedback.
- 06-23-2010, 08:54 AM #233
- 06-23-2010, 09:08 AM #234
battery ran down
Anybody else notice their battery running down when they don't think anything is running. My upgrade on my 16 GB 3GS went well yesterday and everything seems to be working as it should. It was never jailbroken.
I left it laying on my table last night with about 48% battery remaining. This morning it was at 7%. The phone wasn't on ( I had my SIM in my other phone as usual ), and nothing was running that I was aware of.
Was Steve right that we can't depend on background processes not sapping the battery? Anybody know what app may be the culprit? I have many apps installed and tried a lot of them yesterday to see if they still worked.
I've never had any mysterious battery rundown issues with my iPhone before. I've had them with my Palm OS phones in the past and they tend to be hard to diagnose. Only some tips on TreoCentral helped me discover them.
- 06-23-2010, 09:19 AM #235iPhone Newbie
- 15 Posts
Some apps I had didn't work with the new iOS.
I removed and then re-installed them and they worked! Not a big issue but it was annoying!
Another thing, I don't think is a bug anyway, the multitask doesn't work.. it's not a real multitask.. you can't use (for instance) a podcast app while using a news one.. Isn't that awesome as I thought is were going to be!
- 06-23-2010, 09:25 AM #236
- 06-23-2010, 09:27 AM #237
- 06-23-2010, 09:51 AM #238
- 06-23-2010, 09:53 AM #239
- 06-23-2010, 10:43 AM #240
- 06-23-2010, 12:30 PM #241
- 06-23-2010, 01:24 PM #242
I updated my phone (3G, 16 MB, on a Mac) yesterday, and my SO's phone (3GS, 16 MB, on a WinXP) and ran into the same challenges on the 3G that everyone else did. I did manage to get through both.
My advice is to run a back-up on your phone first, update your iTunes software separately next, and THEN start the install and leave it alone. After backing up, and updating iTunes, it took another 45 minutes for the 3GS, and about an hour and 30 minutes for the 3G.
No issues on either phone - love the new features, even on the 3G - but on mine, the 3G, it seems the battery is draining MUCH faster than normal. I noticed this last night so today, with a full charge at 8:30 am, I have purposefully NOT been futzing with my phone more than normal so as not to skew the usage.
I am sticking with light usage which is normal for me during the day: an occasional Facebook read, a few texts and a few calls (during the day, I am at my work computer and do all browsing there).
I am at about 50% of charge at 12:30 pm, when normally, I'd be at about 90% at least.
I will give it a few days but if this will be the cost of the new features for a 3G, I will probably roll back.
- 06-23-2010, 01:54 PM #243
- 06-23-2010, 02:40 PM #244
Iphone 3GS Bugs include:
1. MMS no longer works. Immediately after selecting a picture to send I get the red exclamation mark. It is as if mms is disabled, but when I go to my settings it isn't.
2. App store WON'T open. I keep getting the loading screen, however it never loads.
3. Random app icons are disappearing on the main screen. The label name is still displayed under where the icon should be, but the icon picture isn't there.
4. Overall difficulty getting a data based app to open when not connected to wi-fi. Examples include the weather channel, scorecenter, etc.
- 06-23-2010, 02:46 PM #245
- 06-23-2010, 05:13 PM #246
- 06-23-2010, 05:28 PM #247
Anyone finding reception crappy? I found a report online that when you hold the iPhone 4 by the Aluminum band reception drops way down. I have been able to reproduce this without fail. If I use a cloth between my hands and the aluminum bands then the reception doesn't change. It is like the hand is causing some sort of short.
Can anyone else test this out and report back?
By the way here is the link to the report:
iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?
- 06-23-2010, 06:52 PM #248
When creating a new calendar entry, it always default to "Availability: busy." I can understand and appreciate why that is the default, but for my purposes I would prefer that the default be "Availability: free." I have checked the settings, and I don't see any way to change this. Anybody know if there is a way to change this default behavior?
- 06-23-2010, 08:35 PM #249iPhone Newbie
- 15 Posts
Inline HTML5 video
Anybody know why the inline HTML5 video isn't working? I tried it on iOS 4 on my iPhone 3G S and again today on my iPhone 4, but still no luck. I used the sample site referenced in the iOS overview post (Jilion - SublimeVideo). Anybody know what's going on?
- 06-23-2010, 08:52 PM #250
Lost Contact, calendar, restore didn't work?
Would have to say that this update reminds me of installing updates on a windows based computer. Very dissappointing. Followed suggestions to be sure to have newest iTunes update, backed system up and saved photos. After update to iOS 4, all of my contacts are gone. Numbers remain in recent calls and favorites. Calendar info gone too. Just restored to no avail. Now I have to reorganize folders all over though! Any suggestions? Feel real small in a sea of customer complaints right now! Hope Steve enjoys all the money he's making off of us minions!