App(s) for file/folder browsing?

Fabrian

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I've run into a couple of situations where I would really like to be able to download files from email, web etc. And store them in a folder... Something like windows explorer for example. Is there anything available for the iPad that could provide that feature?

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
The dropbox app is the closest that I have found. It is an online storage site with up to 2gb of data free and you can store any file type you want there. Plus, you can tell it to keep certain files on your iPad and sync those files anytime you open the app while you have a data connection. It's pretty slick really, and it's free.

Fabrian

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Dropbox seems like a decent solution, although not quite what I was looking for... Maybe I'm expecting too much. I manage a few Joomla site and frequently need to upload files. Things like that are why I'm looking fore a way to browse the file/folder structure.

If you have your own webspace, browsing your backend doesn't seem all that different.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There are a few apps that allow remote file managment. I use both Dropbox ( I can give you a referral link that gets us both an exta 250mb of space) and I use Quickoffice. Both are in the App store. I use them in different ways. Ouickoffice lets you save attachments to your phone and edit them etc. Dropbox lets you sync and save files on the phone for offline viewing.

Let me know if you want the referral link for DB.

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
There are a few apps that allow remote file managment. I use both Dropbox ( I can give you a referral link that gets us both an exta 250mb of space) and I use Quickoffice. Both are in the App store. I use them in different ways. Ouickoffice lets you save attachments to your phone and edit them etc. Dropbox lets you sync and save files on the phone for offline viewing.

Let me know if you want the referral link for DB.

I also use both file, they work well with my Iphone. The only down side would be downloading from Dropbox a large file on the edge network.

KC

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
If you are storing documents in the cloud, then Dropbox is the way to go unless you have a MobileMe account and use iDisk.

If you are looking to just download files from the web, then I would recommend GoodReader. It stores your files offline and has an option to enter the URL for a document and download it to iPad/iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73