Chaos Rings

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Anyone been playing this game?

I'm pretty obsessed with it. I thought I was going to find it super boring because FF I and II really sucked (being super slow and graphically uninspiring), but it's actually a really nice game! I think what really helps it is the controls, compared to other iPhone RPGs it is really improved. You can move from any place on the screen, and there's only one button you need to press. It's definitely much better than having a fixed "virtual d-pad" on the screen.

What do you guys think of it? If they weren't so huge (filesize), I'd suggest SE convert FFVII or FFVIII to the iPhone with these controls.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I'm interested in this game, and I plan to buy it once the price comes down a little.

I've heard mixed reviews though. Some people have said the character development lacks, while others have said the story is weak. I think if I remember it's an iPhone game and not on 360 or PS3 I'll enjoy it.

I really want to see FFVI ported, released as FFIII in the U.S. for SNES.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested in this game, and I plan to buy it once the price comes down a little.

I've heard mixed reviews though. Some people have said the character development lacks, while others have said the story is weak. I think if I remember it's an iPhone game and not on 360 or PS3 I'll enjoy it.

I really want to see FFVI ported, released as FFIII in the U.S. for SNES.

It definitely lacks in character development and the story is no doubt a short one (through playable through 4 different view points), but yeah you have to remind yourself that this is an iPhone game. If for nothing else other than space constraints, I can fully understand why the story had to be short. I'd be happy to download a 1GB file for a game 5x longer, but most people wouldn't.

It would be awesome if they made prequels for each set of characters so we could learn more about them, but mostly it's the gameplay that makes this game. It's complicated enough to feel like a real RPG but not too complicated to play on an iPhone.

As for an FFIII remake, it would be nice is Square Enix put a little more effort into remaking its games... FF I and II were so disappointing because they were essentially just ports. Horrible graphics, even worse controls... I enjoyed FF III on the DS (even though it was chibi) because they actually remade the game instead of just porting it.

Last edited:

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
...As for an FFIII remake, it would be nice is Square Enix put a little more effort into remaking its games... FF I and II were so disappointing because they were essentially just ports. Horrible graphics, even worse controls... I enjoyed FF III on the DS (even though it was chibi) because they actually remade the game instead of just porting it.

I honestly don't think I would care about the graphics. I've only ever played FFIII on SNES and am fine with the simplicity of the graphics. I just want to be able to play it again. I think the original esper system introduced in it was awesome, and personally I think when they created the materia system in FFVII they used the esper system as a foundation. I know there is an SNES emulator available through RockApp but I'm not sure I'm sold on it.

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Ive never been into final fantasy games, but ever since star ocean came out ive always been following sqaure enix. If they made a port of that, id jump right on it. But ill wait for the price to drop and then ill try it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2