wifi analyzer

jasondeno

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
So I'm a bit upset today. I went the apple store to get my iphone replaced (it has been dropped several times and, go figure, was having problems).

When I got home, I was restoring my phone from a two hour old backup. Upon restore, I noticed a few of my apps missing. Of particular interest was wifi analyzer. I use this tool to detect wireless networks in an area and their channels so that I can configure the networks I deploy to not interfere.

Apparently this app has been removed from the app store. Sure, it only cost me $2. But I'm not sure I'm hip to the idea that Apple can approve an app, put it in the store, let me PAY for it and then revoke my use of it but not credit my account.

Also, any thoughts as to WHY this app was removed? It didn't do anything beyond simply showing you what networks were in the air, their channels and encryption method. It was exceptionally handy for a geek like me. Now I need to either jailbreak or tote a laptop with diag tools. LAME!!

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that sounds fishy...I understand they think they have the last say, but I think you deserve a credit especially if you have no way to use it still.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox