Mini Opera now available for iphone in US!!

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Opera Mini now available for iphone in US!!

Finally here! And wow is it fast! :^) just thought everyone should know its available if u didnt already. Lol

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Tried it. Deleted it. 2 stars. Quality first effort and it will find it's niche, but for power mobile browsing like we iPhone owners expect, it won't suffice. I do like its tabbed browsing however...

However for you users in Manhattan and SF, your browsing experience will be much faster since AT&T can't get the job done for you.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I tried it but don't care for how the zoom works. I will be sticking with Safari. Out of the browsers I've tried on my iPhone I prefer iCab over Opera.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I love the way it formats to the iPhone and I don't have to drag the page all over to read a line. I hated Opera on WinMo, but this is nice!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
So far I'm not too keen on the zoom feature. You get two choices:
1. Not zoomed (good for fast scrolling, but unreadable)
or
2. Zoomed (good for reading, but if you need to tap a small icon it doesn't always register.
I definitel prefer Safari's zoom.

Also, my predictive text doesn't work with Opera.
HOW DARE THEY EXPECT ME TO PUNCTUATE!!

I'm going to try a reboot and see if it helps.

Also, i noticed on another forum, that when replying to a post, it deleted everything I typed when I tapped 'Done'.
This has happened twice so far.

Arcanust

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The speed is nice, but it isn't anywhere near as functional as the Safari browser. Makes me feel bad for the BB users as this is their top of the line browser option lol

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried changing the font size in settings?

yes. i was more referring to when it's 'zoomed out' (good for fast scrolling, but unreadable).agreed

however, i am able to copy & paste within a forum i frequent that i could not with Safari for some reason. cool!

i am using a 3G and it is indeed fast, can't wait to use it on wifi

this is just the beginning, so i expect good things in the future. i do think i will like it

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Another thing about forum posting with Opera...

When I reply to a post, after I tap submit, it takes me to the top of the thread page, instead of to what i just posted, as Safari and IE do.

As you can see by my lowercase i's, rebooting did not help with predictive text. :(

On the plus side, it IS faster at loading pages than Safari.

Edit: it has now erased all my typing for a third time. Luckily I now copy everything before i tap 'Done'. :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2