Got Sirius for my iPhone, now data is through the roof!

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I are sharing a Sirius/XM subscription (of course, only one of us can log on at a time) and our data has gone way, way up. I'm not foolish enough to think that this will take zero resources, but I didn't expect streaming audio to take so much.

My wife's typical data usage per month has been running somewhere around 200 meg. Since 15 March (10 days worth) her data total is over 1 gig! I'm at over 900 meg so far, and my typical for a month is about 250 meg.

Anyone else notice this?

Keith

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Streaming most anything will cause data usage to really jump. Video is even worse. Sounds like you will still be under 5G for the month though. If you worry too much about it just go WiFi when you can.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Streaming most anything will cause data usage to really jump. Video is even worse. Sounds like you will still be under 5G for the month though. If you worry too much about it just go WiFi when you can.

Thanks for the advice. I'm new to the forums and I didn't even realize that there is in fact a 5GB cap on "unlimited" data . . . I scanned the user agreement and it's surely there.

I switch to wifi whenever it's available but the wife unit never does - too gadgetty for her. I'll be keeping an eye on the usage.

Keith

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner