App Store app not loading Categories

teyob

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello Guys, this is my 1st post. But I've been using my iPhone 3GS for 5 months now. Just today I noticed that the App Store app doesn't load the CATEGORIES anymore, as in the screen is just blank. While the other parts like "Featured, Top 25, Search and Updates" worked fine. I already made a restart a couple of time, still doesn't work. This is the 1st time I'm having such problem. Any ideas please? :(

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I tested mine, and it works. I suggest that you log out of the app store from your device, and then clear the safari cache (settings \ safari).

Once done, log back into the app store, and then try it...

teyob

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much for replying naviwilliams. I did all the steps you suggested (2x), but still the
Categories is not loading. It will just show the "loading..." for a second then blank.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Are you using wifi? If yes, turn it off, then try it. If it's not on, turn it on connect to a wifi, and then try it...

Also, are you jailbroken and unlocked, or?

teyob

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm using wifi. I turned it off already, made a restart, then turned it on again - still no go. Not jailbroken, I'm not into that. Bought this unit "factory" unlocked, from Hong Kong. The phone worked perfectly well for 5 months now. i just don't understand why this problem suddenly. There was no unusual operation today. Other than this "Categories" not loading, the phone is working fine.

Last edited:

ulpegoodog

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
same problem

hey guys.

i have the same problem too.

my itouch has been working fine. till 3 days ago, i could not see anything on my screen when i go into categories. the rest of the links are fine and working except for categories.

i formatted the whole touch and it still doesnt work. i tried diff wifi connections. it all doesnt work

can someone help?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(

cherrychocolate

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
App store not loading categories

Hi all

I'm also experiencing the same problem on my 3GS. All other things in my app store is able to work but not the Categories page.
Can someone help me please?

Thanks.

haXan

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys

I have the same problem too. I have got iPod Touch first generation. I have upgraded 3.1.3 yesterday. And now I couldnt enter Categories on App Store...

I have restored 2 times but categories page is not opening... :(

I think this is bug at v3.1.3

I am using Wi-Fi, I deleted all caches from Safari.. :(

Help help help :(

ulpegoodog

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
App store

hey guys. an update.

i called apple today, and the guy told me that apple is experiencing some problems with the app store in this context, the cat tab.

So, he told me to try again in the next couple of days when they fixed the issue.

therefore, do not worry. its not our device but its apple's problem.

CHEERS!

teyob

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

hey guys. an update.

i called apple today, and the guy told me that apple is experiencing some problems with the app store in this context, the cat tab.

So, he told me to try again in the next couple of days when they fixed the issue.

therefore, do not worry. its not our device but its apple's problem.

CHEERS!

Thanks ulpegoodog, Cheers indeed!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro