Google Latitude

PrePlus

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to the iPhone community and I just discovered Google Latitude. I am a bit confused as to how Latitude is supposed to function however.

I created the Latitude bookmark (for the Home screen) on both my iPhone and a family member's iPhone. Now, if I go to the Latitude page on my iPhone, I am not able to see my family member's location on the map even though her iPhone is on. Her location displayed is the one from several hours prior when she was using Latitude.

Would she need to also activate Latitude on her iPhone at the same time?

If so, this would seem to indicate that live updates could only occur if both Latitude apps are active at the same time.

Thank you for the clarification. :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That is correct. Since it doesn't work in the background on the iPhone, you have to have it active to report your location.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
What they said!

Its one draw back to Latitude for iPhone users. With apps on other devices it can work in the background always giving a location, however once you hit your home button on the iPhone and exit the webapplet, you are no longer in safari. If you notice when you go into Google Latitude, it asks if Safari can share your location. No longer in safari = no longer sharing location.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner