Dante’s Divine Comedy “annoteBook” with commentary and illustrations
Dathlon has released Dante: Divine Comedy 1.0 (English) for iPhone and iPod touch devices, in the English translation of H.W. Longfellow. One of the greatest works of world literature is available as annoteBook, and comes preloaded with the fully translator’s commentary and 130+ fine illustrations by Gustave Doré. This application has a very simple user interface with improved readability, a powerful word search engine, characters and places index, and a conceptual map of the Dante’s world.
The application is the first “annoteBook” by Dathlon in English, a series whose e-books can be annotated by the reader in a simple and intuitive way.
The book is designed with a very simple and friendly user interface in mind, and is packed with a lot of unique features:
• Index of cantos
• Automatic bookmark: by reopening the application you will be automatically repositioned where you left the reading
• Easy reading with a choice of font sizes (landscape reading is possible)
• Choice of background color
• A powerful search engine for words
• Index of characters and places
• Conceptual map of the Dante’s world
• Numbering of verses
• Easy annotations of verse
• Preloaded with 2100+ annotations by H.W. Longfellow
• 130+ illustrations by Gustave Doré
• "Quote of the Day": a random verse from the poem
This application is especially designed for those who, either for study or pleasure, needs to have on hand the masterpiece of Dante Alighieri.
This application doesn’t requires an internet connection.
Available at Apple App Store
The complete annoteBook series at www.annotebook.com