TiPb Give Away: 10 FREE Copies of Twitbit for iPhone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Our good friends over at High Order Bit have been generous enough to share 10 FREE copies of their Twitbit application to give you! If you want in on the action, all you have to do is leave a single post here telling High Order Bit what feature you would like to see added to the already feature filled Twitbit!

Contest starts now and ends Wednesday, January 27th at 12pm PT. And remember, promo codes require a US iTunes App Store account (Apple?s rule, not ours!) Good luck!

And feel free to follow me on Twitter @jfsikora ;)

Last edited:

jennyvier

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I would love to have an app that allows me to set my own push notification sound. Push Tweets are the sound I have coming out of my iPhone the most often and to be able to use my own alert noise from my iPhone's iPod would be heavenly.

Unless of course Twitbit already does this. ;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The one feature needed by all Twitter clients - something akin to lists, or the way TweetDeck does columns. When we're mobile, we don't want to have to read through every tweet from 1,000 follows. We want to be able to read every tweet from starred follows. Let us star follows and be able to view that stream and it will be the perfect client! (Or an easy way to do a list!)

agentTREO7

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Scheduling of Tweets. TwitBit has a great app going with most of the features I'm looking for. But because Hootsuite allows me to schedule Tweets I find myself constantly using it. But Hootsuite lacks so much of what TwitBit offers. Add scheduling and it would be golden.

krislynch

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
twitbit suggestions

1. ability to easily reply or DM a tweet.
2. ability to easily reply to more than one user referenced in a tweet (reply all).
3. special alert sounds so i can choose something different from iphone's short list of alert/alarm sounds.

ilena

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello, there are some things I'm missing in Twitbit:
- Better list support with create, edit, delete lists. Also the ability to set one list as
default that will be refreshed upon Timeline Refresh would be nice too.
- The Messages tab needs user icons.
- More actions available in the Timeline tab, such as swipe-to-reveal-actions
or tap-and-hold-to-reveal or tap-on-icon-to-reveal.
- Inside New Tweet in contacts: recent contacts and ability to select multiple ppl
- Inside New Tweet: ability to post currently playing music
And many more.

Greetings.

sickchilly

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Read It Later support. I don't really care for Instapaper.
2. Facebook integration
3. Can it view "tweets near me"? Filtered by distance in map and list views. I love this feature of Twitbird.
4. Additional integration with Yelp's check-in feature or any geo-location based social media functions actually.

Shangraham

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't have this app so I'm not sure what's missing. But I too would love to see some type of customizable push sounds. No other Twitter app has that yet.

Something else I thought of ... the ability to choose if you want your timeline to load more than 200 tweets. Some people don't like that it slows the phone down. But I'd like the choice, as many times I do have more than 200 tweets waiting for me. And I don't want to have any timeline gaps. As far as I know SimplyTweet is the only Twitter app that will load all missed tweets.

Last edited:

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see Facebook integration, and I'd also like to be able to set my own push notification sound (or, at least, select from a wide variety of them). Push notification sounds are all too similar to be able to audibly tell them apart.

aviramsegal

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I would like to get push notifications for a pre defined search term
I.e anotification when one of the people I'm following says certain words
another nice feature would be to get a push notification when a person I'm following twits from a location near my location

I got 30$ worth of Twitter apps and I'm still looking for the best app, hope twitbit will deliver the goods

raghupro

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
New features

Automatically search for friends from the contact list of iPhone and suggest any new contact to be followed on twitter.

One more basic and useful feature. Marking tweets as favorites.

Cascade#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I use TwtiBit Lite as my Twitter client. Tried almost everything and it's clean, smooth, and fast. Only things I'd like to see (besides some of the features in the full version) is:

1. Even fast loading
2. Memory of last position regardless of how long ago it was. It seems to remember in the same day, but if it's overnight it goes to the most recent and I have to scroll down and find my last viewed tweet.

Thanks!

kicko#IM

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
I agree columns would be nice, i think rather then post the time of the tweet, it needs to have "how long ago" the tweet was. I find myself having to do the math.

I'm using the lite version but does the push notifications support support badges? and are they fast?

Mostly i would like to see a reply shortcut like touching the avatar. like in echofon.

anon(26457)

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Suggestions

Integration with Facebook and Read it Later would be awesome. Also, being able to send links without selecting them first (like Tweetie 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73